How can I change my IP address?
vwimports
Hello everyone.. I currently have verizion fios and I need to change my IP address. Can this be done? If so how?
0 Likes
Re: How can I change my IP address?
prisaz
Legend

@vwimports wrote:
Hello everyone.. I currently have verizion fios and I need to change my IP address. Can this be done? If so how?

Which IP address? The IP address given to your router is dynamic on the Verizon WAN side. If you cycle power to the router the system may give you a new address. You would need to keep it off for a few minutes, but even then you could get the same one back. If you called tech support they could release the WAN address but would want to know why.

If you are talking about your LAN address on your private network, it would depend on which router you have.

Why do you need to do this?

You will find instructions to change your router's LAN address here. But if you just want a static address on your PC, you should set your PC to use an address on your network that is not in the DHCP pool / distribution list. Please provide more information.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&message.id=3301

Message Edited by prisaz on 04-09-2009 07:45 AM
0 Likes
vwimports
I'm a member of a forum and my account got disabled for something I did not do. They keep track of accounts by ip's addresses so I can't make a new account untill I change my ip address..
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@vwimports wrote:
I'm a member of a forum and my account got disabled for something I did not do. They keep track of accounts by ip's addresses so I can't make a new account untill I change my ip address..

Gaining access to a system you have been band from with a fraudulent identity is illegal. If you have been blocked from a forum for something you did not do, you must resolve your issue with the administrators of that forum. Not gain access by another identity.

This does not seem logical. IP addresses change ALL THE TIME. So what you are saying is if someone else was to get the address that you had say yesterday, they would also be blocked. If that is how the forun is run, and your IP is not static, I would find another forum regardless. Do you have business class service with a staic IP? Leave your router off for a while, or call verizon support and have them release the IP and renew it. Just doesn't seem logical to me. If you have a static IP supplied by Verizon with a business class service that would make it even harder to explain.

0 Likes
Leewinters43

what s IP address.....my account in email states it is diabled the alis account ....I want to change the email address they have for me going out to people which is {edited for privacy}....  no one would reconizes me as my name is rosettawinters1943

0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hi there.  I think I see your issue.  You were once a DSL customer, and have recently become a FiOS customer, correct?  I am going to get your account re-enabled and moved over for FiOS.  Should be all good in a few minutes. 

0 Likes
MickeyS
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you unplug the router from the outlet or simply unplug it from the power source and wait like 20 mins. you'll get a different IP, but why would you do that?

0 Likes