How can I escalate FIOS service problems above FIOS field service management?
wepeccant1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a long story, but I will try to keep it short and on point.  We use Verizon FIOS for land line telephone, Internet access and TV cable.  For the past four and a half months, we have suffered serveral outages a week and sometimes several outages in a single day on all three services.  Sometimes we lose our Internet connection for a few moments.  Sometimes telephone calls get dropped or there is no dial tone.  Sometimes we see pixelation or interference in the cable TV signal.

Often two services are affected at the same time.  We've recorded events where all three services were affected at one time.

In the Gateway router logs, we see errors messages that "opaque does not match!" and "rebinding lease."  These messages in the router logs occur at the same time stamps when we suffer dropped calls or cable TV interference.  It seem obvious, at least to me, that the problem is external to anything that is inside of our house.

We have opened a dozen or more support tickets.  We've had four Verizon field technicians come to our house.  We've gone through three Verizon Gateway routers.. We've accessed the Internet using only wireless connections of a week to try and rule out internal wiring problems with computer access to the Internet.

Verizon has replaced the ONT (optical network terminal) on the side of our house.  They changed the fibre channel cable that goes from the ONT to a vault out by the curb of the street.

We have opened a formal complaint with the FCC and with the PA Public Utility Commission.  But the problem has not been resolved.  We think that we're just getting the run around now from Verizon field service.  Yesterday, a service manager left me a voicemail where he suggested that our Internet problem was caused by a second router that we had hooked up to the Verizon router.  We DO NOT have a second router.  He said that there was a problem with cable TV interference in my area and 2nd level support was working on it.  He did not address the dropped landline calls.  He did not address why outages on more than one service would occur at the same time.

Does anyone have any advice on how I get our problem escalated?  We are at the end of our rope here and are considering canceling our service with Verizon and going with a competitor.  But even after all of this, we are hesitant to switch providers because we will lose our email accounts that we've used for well over a decade.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How can I escalate terrible FIOS service problems above FIOS field service management?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wepeccant,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes