How can I get Live TV working on the new Android app
btuber
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have FIOS for internet and TV but do not use the Verizon router for WIFI (it is too slow and does not cover enough of my house). I just downloaded the new Android version of the My FIOS app with Live TV, but it will not let me view TV and tells me that I have to be connected to the FIOS router. The router I use for WIFI is connected to the FIOS router via ethernet. The app has asked for and received my Verizon credentials. So why won;t the app let me watch Live TV?

0 Likes
Re: How can I get Live TV working on the new Android app
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the same setup and the same issue.

Looks to me like the app isn't smart enough to make the double hop to the VZ router.

I changed my connection to connect directly to the VZ router and at least it now attempts to connect but still cannot get it to work - probably the now the signal is so bad that it never makes a connection. 

0 Likes
btuber
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any Verizon people out there reading this? I saw a TV spot for the app yesterday, and it is really irritating to see Verizon advertising this as a feature when it doesn't work.

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2

@btuber wrote:

it is really irritating to see Verizon advertising this as a feature when it doesn't work.

It does work. You just have a non-standard setup that is causing the issues.

0 Likes