How can I get my deposit back when my fios installation has been canceled?
Jess1103
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I ordered the fios online on July 30, Verizon charged $125 as my installation deposit. But on July 31. I was told that my order has been canceled. How can I get my deposit back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get my deposit back when my fios installation has been canceled?
jonjones1
Legend

@Jess1103 wrote:

When I ordered the fios online on July 30, Verizon charged $125 as my installation deposit. But on July 31. I was told that my order has been canceled. How can I get my deposit back?

Call 1-800-VERIZON speak to a billing department person. Verizon normally refunds the deposits in 6-8 weeks.

however if you paid by credit card you can do a charge back on the amount. The same can be done with a bank debit card but your bank will require a written form.

you will need written proof of that deposit payment.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jess1103 wrote:

Call 1-800-VERIZON speak to a billing department person. Verizon normally refunds the deposits in 6-8 weeks.

however if you paid by credit card you can do a charge back on the amount. The same can be done with a bank debit card but your bank will require a written form.

you will need written proof of that deposit payment.

Good Luck

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the charge actually go through?

Sometimes charges will show pending on your account, but never actually get charged.

Jess1103
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, I checked the status, it was under processing yesterday. I thought my order was canceled, it would actually get charged, but I was wrong. I checked the charge was confirmed today. That's the reason I posted the question on the forum. Thank you.

0 Likes