How can I lower my bill???
RippedOff31

I was a happy DSL customer up until about 2 years ago when Verizon forced me to switch to FIOS, telling me that DSL support was ending for my address (No way for me to confirm this was true). However, they told me FIOS would only raise my bill from roughly $45/month to $55/month, with big increases in speed. In truth, I don't notice an increase in speed at all (if a download now takes 25 seconds instead of 30 seconds, it really doesn't make a difference to me). Then Verizon jacked my rates way up after two years, because the $55 rate was an introductory offer (they did not tell me that my rates were temporary when they forced me to switch).

Now my monthly FIOS bill is $90/month, which is about double what I paid for DSL. This is also MUCH more than I pay for any other utility (double my phone bill, almost double my electric bill, more than 4x my gas bill). I feel like I have been ripped off, and I'm ready to switch to another provider. I recently needed to update my credit card info and I've tried to call Verizon to pay my outstanding bill (I finally paid online today) and see if I can renegotiate my contract but so far it's been impossible to speak to an actual human being (even when I was trying to update my card info and pay an outstanding bill, I was on hold for over an hour, for several days in a row, until I had to hang up).

What are my options? I do not want to pay $90/month anymore just to surf the internet, that is a HUGE RIPOFF.

0 Likes
Re: How can I lower my bill???
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call 1800Verizon and see what they can do. It can’t hurt to try.

0 Likes
Re: How can I lower my bill???
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you under contract?

What speed Internet do you have?

WHen you say phone bill, do you have a landline or you talking cell?

0 Likes