How can I move my router to my room?
Hoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi!

I'd like to use lan cable in my room from router but I worry if I use long lan cable, probably internet speed will down.

So, I'd like to move my router to my room. Do I have to call customer center? and How much should I pay?

Thank you

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I move my router to my room?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

cat5 ethernet cable can run up to 100 meters without issue.   If you have a LAN based connectivity from your room to the present location of the router, it is unlikely you will encounter any problems.

If you wish to relocate your router, provided the Coax connection in your room is active, it's simply a matter of moving the router, no technician visit is required.   If the outlet is not active, then you need to find where the other end of the cable is located and join it to the current active coax network (via a splitter).  If you aren't comfortable with doing this, then you will need to pay someone to come out and do it for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

cat5 ethernet cable can run up to 100 meters without issue.   If you have a LAN based connectivity from your room to the present location of the router, it is unlikely you will encounter any problems.

If you wish to relocate your router, provided the Coax connection in your room is active, it's simply a matter of moving the router, no technician visit is required.   If the outlet is not active, then you need to find where the other end of the cable is located and join it to the current active coax network (via a splitter).  If you aren't comfortable with doing this, then you will need to pay someone to come out and do it for you.

0 Likes
Hoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your answer:)