How can I use two VERIZON ACTIONTEC routers with my home internet?
sherorox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I currently have one Verizon Actiontec router (newest model) that is connected as my primary router that handles all the internet stuff and MoCA for the TV's. It is connected via Coaxial cable into the wall on the first floor of my house. My house is 4 floors - Basement - 1st floor - 2nd floor- loft.

Now, I have a second identical Verizon Actiontec router that I want to put into good use but not sure how. I assume the only thing I can accomplish with it is to extend the wireless network, or make it faster, etc. I'm not exactly sure.

My house doesn't have any ethernet wall jacks, only coax. But there is a coax jack in every room on every floor.
I do not want to drill any holes into any walls, or run long cables that go up to other levels.

My experience with this tech is not too advanced (I know how to reset the router, go into the config page, change security, some IP stuff), but my knowledge is not technical enough to understand how to configure this manually without instructions/assistance/guidance.

I hope I have provided enough information, if there is anything else I am missing or you need to know please inform me.

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate any advice.

sherorox

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I use two VERIZON ACTIONTEC routers with my home internet?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

You can use the extra router to provide ethernet and a Wireless Access Point (WAP) anyplace you have an active coax connection.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984

View solution in original post

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

You can use the extra router to provide ethernet and a Wireless Access Point (WAP) anyplace you have an active coax connection.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984

sherorox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!!

It worked great and was very easy to implement.

0 Likes