How do I Run Wireless running at full speed ?
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do i run wireless at full speed

Re: How do I Run Wireless running at full speed ?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perform a Speed test from a PC connected both using Wireless, and Ethernet, and also tell us which router you are using.

Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Get 25/25 Connected

Wireless I Get 19/23

The Router is MI424WR

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're running close to the max achieveable speeds on a Wireless G connection, and the speeds you're seeing are pretty much the average speeds people see on Wireless G. What you can do to see if you can achieve higher speeds would be to try changing the channel your router currently broadcasts on. You can also try moving your security setting from WEP to one meant to support higher speeds and stronger security, such as WPA2-PSK AES. Lastly, you can try locking your router to only allow Wireless G devices on the network. These should ensure you are receiving the max possible throughput from your network.

All of these settings can be changed at http://192.168.1.1/ by visiting the Wireless Settings option at the top of the page. The login will be a username of admin, and the password being the serial number of your router, which can be found on the bottom sticker.

If you need help, by the way in finding a clear channel to run your Wireless router on, use a tool called InSSIDer on a PC connected using Wireless. Your goal while using that tool is to identify your network and to find a channel where your network is least likely to be interfered by other routers nearby. Channels 1, 6, and 11 are the ideal channels due to how channels 2-5, 7-10 tend to be overlapped.