How do I block all non-educational internet access to certain devices? I mean no entertainment?
Parentingateen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need to ground my teen. How do I block all non-educational internet access to certain devices? I mean no entertainment whatsoever without a password.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I block all non-educational internet access to certain devices? I mean no entertainment?
jonjones1
Legend

No such way.

you could use the routers parental controls but there is no guarantee the sites would be 100% blocked. If at all.

you could do a google search for free and paid software that does what you want but it may be machine specific.

if your child is really bright he/she can access a site just by its dns address (i.e.: 164.123.1? ) and that could overcome the blocks. So find another method of discipline you will save yourself a headache ☹️

View solution in original post

Re: How do I block all non-educational internet access to certain devices? I mean no entertainment?
jonjones1
Legend

No such way.

you could use the routers parental controls but there is no guarantee the sites would be 100% blocked. If at all.

you could do a google search for free and paid software that does what you want but it may be machine specific.

if your child is really bright he/she can access a site just by its dns address (i.e.: 164.123.1? ) and that could overcome the blocks. So find another method of discipline you will save yourself a headache ☹️

Parentingateen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes