How do I change firewall settings?
sherlock21b

I have been having trouble for months logging into a website that I had zero problems with under my last provider (and am having no problems accessing using my laptop's Wi-Fi).  I've checked out just about every other possiblie cause and a friend thought it might be the firewall settings on my router (I have FIOS and the MI424WR Rev. F) and suggested I take a look at the settings and see what happens if I set them lower.

Said friend, didn't however, tell me how to do that. How do I get to the firewall settings in order to do an experiment and see if it's the firewall that's causing my headaches? I'm getting desperate.

0 Likes
Re: How do I change firewall settings?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ which would be your router. The username by default is admin and the password would be the serial number of your router. You'll see the Firewall Settings button at the top. Just push that and you're where you need to be.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@sherlock21b wrote:

I have been having trouble for months logging into a website

Firewall settings have nothing to do with your being able to log into a web site or not.

Firewall settings control whether an external host can connect to devices on your LAN.

So unless the web site requires a connection into your computer (unlikely) in order to log in, that is not your problem.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm giving this post the benefit of the doubt in saying the website might be using a non-standard HTTP port which the router may be blocking.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Or how about a Bogon filter due to his current IP address now that he is on Verizon? The OP doesn't provide any info on messages he may be getting, so this is just a guess.

Keller, TX 76248