How do I change the room that my FiOS Internet connection is wired to?
SusanF4
Enthusiast - Level 1

My FiOS Internet connection was placed in my office but I am now renovating and need to remove my computer ( wired ) as well as router to another room during the renovation .

I have coax outlets in 4 other places throughout the house but they were not wired to get the FiOS signal.

I called and was told that if I am able I can connect one of those to the FiOS splitter or I can get verizon to come out to do it for me ( but I don't want to spend the money , particularly since this is temporary )

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I checked out the wiring and can see that the Box in my basement is connected to a splitter with 6 other plugs of which 2 are used.

Then there is another splitter attached to the wire that is coming in to the basement from outside. That is a splitter with 4 plugs..

Any ideas? I can attach a picuture of the splitters if anyone is willing to take a look. ( tho I'm not sure if this post will take images since I dont' see an ' attachment link '

Thank you!

Susan

Re: How do I change the room that my FiOS Internet connection is wired to?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The four plug splitter I assume is from a previous Cable company installation. If by "Box" you mean the ONT Verizon installed when you had FiOS put in, just connect a Coaxial cable coming from a desired room to the splitter the ONT is connected to and move the router over. Things should connect right up.

0 Likes