How do I delete Group account?
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

In my Outlook send/receive message it shows that I have both my regular user email and a Group Account containing my same user email. I don't remember setting up a group account and don't need it so would like to delete it. When I click on the edit in the send/receive and click delete, it says I can't delete it. Anyone know how to do that? I realized I had a problem when I saw 2 send and 2 receiving status in my Outlook email progress window that pops up, I should just show one. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete Group account?
astro_guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

In MS Outlook you will need to click Tools-->Email Accounts...-->View or Change existing email accounts.  After that you select the account you want to remove and click the Remove button.

0 Likes
Re: How do I delete Group account?
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks so much for the help, astro_guy. I tried that first, but it said I couldn't delete it. When I click on the send and receive button, it shows that there are two accounts listed--the group account and my regular email account. I think the problem is that my group account only contains one account in it and it is my regular email account, so it doesn't want me to delete it. Somehow I got my email address coming in twice--once thorugh the group email account and once as a regular email account. I"m not sure how this happened, but I sure would like to delete the group account.

0 Likes