How do I delete Group account?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

How do I delete Group account?

Message 1 of 3
(4,468 Views)

In my Outlook send/receive message it shows that I have both my regular user email and a Group Account containing my same user email. I don't remember setting up a group account and don't need it so would like to delete it. When I click on the edit in the send/receive and click delete, it says I can't delete it. Anyone know how to do that? I realized I had a problem when I saw 2 send and 2 receiving status in my Outlook email progress window that pops up, I should just show one. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: How do I delete Group account?

Message 2 of 3
(4,440 Views)

In MS Outlook you will need to click Tools-->Email Accounts...-->View or Change existing email accounts.  After that you select the account you want to remove and click the Remove button.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: How do I delete Group account?

Message 3 of 3
(4,414 Views)

Thanks so much for the help, astro_guy. I tried that first, but it said I couldn't delete it. When I click on the send and receive button, it shows that there are two accounts listed--the group account and my regular email account. I think the problem is that my group account only contains one account in it and it is my regular email account, so it doesn't want me to delete it. Somehow I got my email address coming in twice--once thorugh the group email account and once as a regular email account. I"m not sure how this happened, but I sure would like to delete the group account.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.