Re: How do I file a complaint about a routing issue so bad
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cmastro24 wrote:

When a truck roll happend, I got the tech to get me a network technician who was snide, rude, told me he would not support me without Verizon's equipment.  So I hooked up the actiontec router and he said lines were fine and that he could not help.

Apparently you weren't using the Verizon provided router as your gateway. 

Did the issue happen when you were using the VZ router and/or your own router?
Did you try changing the DNS servers on one or the other of the 2 routers apparently involved?

0 Likes
cmastro24

It didn't matter if it was my modem or not.  I tried both.  With FIOS I experienced dropped packets and poor call quality using this route.  On Cable I don't have this problem.  

I want to switch back, I do, but I can't until it is resolved.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

For whatever it's worth (or isn't worth), I've seen similar problems on occassion.

Recently I was trying to download a 200 MB update file from an Adobe Akamai server.  The download speed was so slow, in the range of ~10 kB/s, the download would've taken a couple of hours.

I tried two PC's and a MacBook, each hard wired to my Rev I Actiontec, with no difference.  I finally enabled wifi hotspot on my at&t iPhone, disconnected my laptop from it's Ethernet connection, and connected the laptop to the Internet via the wifi hotspot.  I downloaded that same file in a minute or two with speeds around 23 mB/s.

I have the 75/35 plan and I've never seen a problem with speed tests.  Never.  And usually real world download and upload speeds are very satisfactory.   But, as said at the beginning of this post, I have seen problems similar to the OP's on occassion.

0 Likes