How do I get files that were backed up on an old computer?
fan21yanks
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm pretty sure I paid for the Verizon backup feature for my old computer. The hard drive died and I bought a new laptop. Now I want to get the files that I had on my old computer onto my new laptop. I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing something?

Re: How do I get files that were backed up on an old computer?
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

@fan21yanks wrote:

I'm pretty sure I paid for the Verizon backup feature for my old computer. 

I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing something?

Wouldn't the backup feature appear on your bill? 

You don't have a user manual?

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Even if you paid for it, the program still needed to be downloaded. Once downloaded, you have to tell the program which folders and drives to back up. If you have not done this, then your files are not backed up. If you have backed them up, install the backup software on your new computer. Then once open, click to retrieve your saved files.

0 Likes
fan21yanks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, Anthony. I paid for it and I know I downloaded the software. I'm certain that I periodically backed up my files. So, you said...

"If you have backed them up, install the backup software on your new computer. Then once open, click to retrieve your saved files."

When I go to My Services > Internet > Verizon Online Backup & Sharing, I get to a page that asks me to purchase the service, but I don't see a place to "install the backup software," as you instruct. Can you provide a direct link, please?

fan21yanks
Enthusiast - Level 3

AlphaB wrote:
Wouldn't the backup feature appear on your bill? 

Yes, it would and it does.

AlphaB wrote:

You don't have a user manual?

A user manual for Verizon? Isn't that what this website is?