Switch Account

How do I get files that were backed up on an old computer?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

How do I get files that were backed up on an old computer?

Message 1 of 5
(678 Views)

I'm pretty sure I paid for the Verizon backup feature for my old computer. The hard drive died and I bought a new laptop. Now I want to get the files that I had on my old computer onto my new laptop. I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: How do I get files that were backed up on an old computer?

Message 2 of 5
(660 Views)

@fan21yanks wrote:

I'm pretty sure I paid for the Verizon backup feature for my old computer. 

I can't figure out how to do it. Am I missing something?

Wouldn't the backup feature appear on your bill? 

You don't have a user manual?

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 3 of 5
(643 Views)

Even if you paid for it, the program still needed to be downloaded. Once downloaded, you have to tell the program which folders and drives to back up. If you have not done this, then your files are not backed up. If you have backed them up, install the backup software on your new computer. Then once open, click to retrieve your saved files.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(626 Views)

Thanks, Anthony. I paid for it and I know I downloaded the software. I'm certain that I periodically backed up my files. So, you said...

"If you have backed them up, install the backup software on your new computer. Then once open, click to retrieve your saved files."

When I go to My Services > Internet > Verizon Online Backup & Sharing, I get to a page that asks me to purchase the service, but I don't see a place to "install the backup software," as you instruct. Can you provide a direct link, please?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(622 Views)

AlphaB wrote:
Wouldn't the backup feature appear on your bill? 

Yes, it would and it does.

AlphaB wrote:

You don't have a user manual?

A user manual for Verizon? Isn't that what this website is?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.