How do I get separate SSIDs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on Fios G3100
CarCat1

We recently for Gigabit and have a G3100 router. By default it has one SSID (Fios-xxxxxx but I changed it to "speedy") that has both 2.4 and 5ghz on it. I cannot seem to find out on myfiosgateway.com where I would go about making these two separate SSIDs (ex: speedy2.4 only working with 2.4ghz and speedy5 only working with 5ghz). Is it even possible on this router? If so, how do I do it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get separate SSIDs for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on Fios G3100
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to disable SON first. 
Go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off

Then under basic settings you have to rename the 5G SSID. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to disable SON first. 
Go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off

Then under basic settings you have to rename the 5G SSID. 

pbug56
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you rename the SSID, will FIOS STB's still work?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the set-tops will work fine.  The FiOS routers create a completely separate, hidden WiFi network for the FiOS ONE set-top-boxes.  SSID changes do not affect this network.

0 Likes
always12

the "off" button is greyed out.  How do I separate the networks.  Half of my devices won't connect to 5g.

0 Likes
LePaxton

This solved my Traeger WiFire issue.  Putting Traeger and WiFire again in case somebody else searches for Traeger and WiFire.  April, 2022

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes