How do I set up my LG blueray home theatre to stream movies through the wireless router
StevenG3

I have an LG home theatre system which can stream Netflix through it. Problem is I don't know how the set up works. I have my Verizon modem in my bedroom, and I have a wireless router connected to my blue ray player, but it keeps saying I am not connected to the internet and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help? or should I call Tech support?

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up my LG blueray home theatre to stream movies through the wireless router
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

A wireless router is something end-components connect to ...   your FiOS router is a wireless router.   If you have another wireless router -- the two aren't going to talk to each other  (think of it in terms of a cable -- you have two male connectors, but you need a male and a female connector in order for them to be able to connect together).

Perhaps you cann tell us specifically what "router" you have that your BluRay is connected to (make and model - be specific please -- perhaps copying exactly what's on a stick on the bottom or something) and maybe we can help figure out if there is a way to make it work.   Is the BluRay presently talking to the Internet?

Is there any physical wiring in place between this router connected to the BluRay and the FiOS router in the bedroom?  If so, please describe it.

Lastly ... specific make (LG) and model of the home theatre system you are trying to setup.   That will allow trying to find a copy of the setup guide online.

Re: How do I set up my LG blueray home theatre to stream movies through the wireless router
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@StevenG wrote:

I have an LG home theatre system which can stream Netflix through it. Problem is I don't know how the set up works. I have my Verizon modem in my bedroom, and I have a wireless router connected to my blue ray player, but it keeps saying I am not connected to the internet and I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help? or should I call Tech support?

Sounds much more likely that you should have your blu ray player connected to your Verizon router (I assume that is what you mean by Verizon modem).  What is the purpose of the wireless router that you currently have cionnected to the blu ray player? and how is it connected?

0 Likes