Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

How do I uninstall In-Home Agent when it's not listed in Control Panel?

truthseeker
Contributor
Contributor

How do I uninstall In-Home Agent when it's not listed in Control Panel?

Message 1 of 3
(3,636 Views)

My PC crashed  and some files including In-Home Agent were corrupted. Attempted to delete In-Home Agent from Control Panel but the program was not listed. Then tried to download In-Home Agent but it would not install over fragments of the previously installed version.  What folders or files must I first manually delete before I can reinstall the In-home agent? 

2 REPLIES 2
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How do I uninstall In-Home Agent when it's not listed in Control Panel?

Message 2 of 3
(3,631 Views)

@truthseeker wrote:

My PC crashed  and some files including In-Home Agent were corrupted. Attempted to delete In-Home Agent from Control Panel but the program was not listed. Then tried to download In-Home Agent but it would not install over fragments of the previously installed version.  What folders or files must I first manually delete before I can reinstall the In-home agent? 

You can try two things. 

I would try to download CCleaner (free)   Their utility has a tools section and it will find uninstallers for me when windows add/remove won't find them. 

OR 

you might have to install it again just to get the uninstaller,   then you can use the uninstaller to uninstall. 

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How do I uninstall In-Home Agent when it's not listed in Control Panel?

Message 3 of 3
(3,553 Views)

Windows Installer cleanup will fix most things.  Even though Microsoft will no longer support the module it can still be downloaded from majorgeeks

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.