How do you delete a Static Address FiOS G-1100 router/software

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you delete a Static Address FiOS G-1100 router/software
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced/IP Address Distribution/Connection list/DHCP Connections. 

In your list of connections it will say whether the Lease Type is Dynamic or Static. If Static there will be three options Search, Edit, or Remove. Just click Remove and it will be gone.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you configure a static IP?

if not, why do you think there is a static IP?

Most routers will continually assign the same IP to a device once it has been assigned.

What problem are you trying to solve?

jonjones1
Legend

I believe business class customers have them. I could be mistaken since i have not read up on it for awhile.

i have read here and elsewhere that residential customers can force a new address via unplugging the router and waiting two hours and some people have stated they had a new address. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced/IP Address Distribution/Connection list/DHCP Connections. 

In your list of connections it will say whether the Lease Type is Dynamic or Static. If Static there will be three options Search, Edit, or Remove. Just click Remove and it will be gone.

vipergts450

Hello, what if your DHCP Connections page doesn't show all leases? On mine, it almost seems like there should be a "Page 2" link since it only shows 18 DHCP devices and I am sure that I have more active than this. For example, I cannot see a device I added a Static Connection for.

0 Likes
novafiosuser

As noted by vipergts450 there seems to be a bug in the interface of the posted solution where some devices do not appear or are not listed in the UI.  And therefore the setting once applied cannot be deleted.  I was able to get a new static connection device listed once by rebooting the router but that resulted in a different one not showing up.  If you are technically savvy and know what you're doing you can use the below instructions to manually find and remove a static connection config that won't show in the UI.

I was able to manually do it by using bash and curl commands to interact directly with the API used by the management UI for the below router version and reverse engineer the API.  This took me some time to figure out so hope it's useful to someone else but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Firmware Version: 02.02.00.16 
Hardware Version: 1.03
UI Version: v1.0.388
Model Name: Fios-G1100

1. Obtain Security Token (Need to use browser F12 menu to get the password by logging in using the web UI and looking at the payload sent to login)

export FIOS_OUT=$(curl -k -s -i -d '{"password":"GET THIS USING F12 FROM BROWSER LOGIN"}' https://192.168.1.1/api/login) && export FIOS_SESSION=$(echo "$FIOS_OUT" | grep "^Set-Cookie: Session=" | grep -oE '[0-9]+') && export FIOS_XSRF=$(echo "$FIOS_OUT" | grep "^Set-Cookie: XSRF-TOKEN" | grep -oE '=[0-9a-z]+;' | tr -d "=" | tr -d ";")

2. Get the Connection List and Device ID (This lists all connected devices some even that are not shown in the UI)

curl -k --cookie "test; Session=$FIOS_SESSION; XSRF-TOKEN=$FIOS_XSRF; bhr4HasEnteredAdvanced=false; bhr4UI2HasToRefresh=false" -H "X-XSRF-TOKEN: $FIOS_XSRF" https://192.168.1.1/api/dhcp/clients

2.a Use jq json parser to only list relevant info from the Connection List

curl -k --cookie "test; Session=$FIOS_SESSION; XSRF-TOKEN=$FIOS_XSRF; bhr4HasEnteredAdvanced=false; bhr4UI2HasToRefresh=false" -H "X-XSRF-TOKEN: $FIOS_XSRF" https://192.168.1.1/api/dhcp/clients | jq '.[] | {name: .name, ip: .ipAddress, staticCheckbox: .staticCheckbox, static: .staticIp, id: .id}'

3. Delete the Static Connection for example device with ID = 14 (NOTE that ID is in the URL path NOT the query parameter. Use the ID found from step #2)

curl -s -k --cookie "test; Session=$FIOS_SESSION; XSRF-TOKEN=$FIOS_XSRF; bhr4HasEnteredAdvanced=false; bhr4UI2HasToRefresh=false" -H "X-XSRF-TOKEN: $FIOS_XSRF" -X DELETE https://192.168.1.1/api/dhcp/clients/14?id=0
0 Likes