Re: How does the ONT work?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pcnerd wrote:

I got the ONT door open. I see a square black box with flashing lites. At the bottom I see a coax connector &, I guess, 2 ethernet ports. The ethernet ports aren't labeled. Which one is activated at my request?

#1 For the helpers to help you, I believe it would help to know the brand and model of that ONT.

#2 An ONT typically has 1 Ethernet port, 1 Coax port, and 2 phone jacks. Are you sure you aren't looking at the phone jacks?

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

How do I find out the brand? All I see is a black box with the Verizon logo in the lower-left corner of the door.

Your probably right. They are probably phone jacks next to the coax. Where is the ethernet port?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pcnerd wrote:

How do I find out the brand? All I see is a black box with the Verizon logo in the lower-left corner of the door.

Your probably right. They are probably phone jacks next to the coax. Where is the ethernet port?

Ethernet is next to the two voice ports. 

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Posting a picture of the unit will usually do the trick if you can't find any other identifying marks or model information on the ONT.  As was said, the ethernet is usually adjacent to the two phone jacks or on the other side of the cable port.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes