How does the ONT work?

How does the ONT work?

SOLVED
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 11 of 14
(296 Views)

@pcnerd wrote:

I got the ONT door open. I see a square black box with flashing lites. At the bottom I see a coax connector &, I guess, 2 ethernet ports. The ethernet ports aren't labeled. Which one is activated at my request?

#1 For the helpers to help you, I believe it would help to know the brand and model of that ONT.

#2 An ONT typically has 1 Ethernet port, 1 Coax port, and 2 phone jacks. Are you sure you aren't looking at the phone jacks?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 12 of 14
(286 Views)

How do I find out the brand? All I see is a black box with the Verizon logo in the lower-left corner of the door.

Your probably right. They are probably phone jacks next to the coax. Where is the ethernet port?

Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 13 of 14
(277 Views)

@pcnerd wrote:

How do I find out the brand? All I see is a black box with the Verizon logo in the lower-left corner of the door.

Your probably right. They are probably phone jacks next to the coax. Where is the ethernet port?

Ethernet is next to the two voice ports. 

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 14 of 14
(234 Views)

Posting a picture of the unit will usually do the trick if you can't find any other identifying marks or model information on the ONT.  As was said, the ethernet is usually adjacent to the two phone jacks or on the other side of the cable port.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.