How long before my speed gets upgraded??
wonderbeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been close to 24 hours and still no bumps in my speed.  went from 75/75 to 150/150.  Have cat5e and gigabit nic.  Im positive it isnt my equipment or hardware.  Confirmed 1000 connection with lights on back of router and ont.  What am I missing?

TIA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How long before my speed gets upgraded??
wonderbeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out that my MI424WR Rev I went bad...  Was able to verify I was getting 150 when I connected my laptop directly to the ont and renewing the lease.

Verizon said they would send out a new router.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive that anything over 75 needs to be ethernet from ONT.

Is that what you have?

How are you measuring speed?

Have you gotten an order confirmation?

If you check order status, what does it say?

0 Likes
wonderbeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have ethernet from ONT to router.  I am measuring speed using speakeasy.net speedtest and verizons speedtest.  Not getting over 95.

Order status shows as completed Nov. 9.  NOt sure what else it could be besides something on Verizon's end.  Maybe a switch needs to be flipped?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact support and ask them to verify.

0 Likes
wonderbeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

They verified that my 150/150 has been provisioned but still dont want to send a tech...   Chat gave up and said he would call me back in an hour after he checked with the network team....

Lets see if I get a callback.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you may have an incorrect ONT model.  If your ONT is a BPON model it's most likely that the ethernet port is a 100mb.  However as you have a 15/150 service they should have given you, or upgraded you to, a GPON model which has a 1gb ethernet port.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

95Mbps/95Mbps is suggestive of a Fast Ethernet Link. Check everything between your PC to the ONT to ensure they are running at 1Gbps. Also make sure that if you are using a third party router, rather than the Verizon router, that QoS is turned off (older routers cannot QoS at high rates).

If you are using the Verizon router, make sure you have a G1100 or an MI424WR Rev. I. These are the only two with Gigabit support.

You could also try rebooting your ONT. Otherwise this sounds like a provisioning problem. Verizon would not have activated a 100Mbps package for you if you were on BPON.

0 Likes
wonderbeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out that my MI424WR Rev I went bad...  Was able to verify I was getting 150 when I connected my laptop directly to the ont and renewing the lease.

Verizon said they would send out a new router.

Thanks everyone.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear this is resolved. 

0 Likes