How long until first bill?
Shavnir

Hello everyone.  I had FIOS installed early May and I was wondering about how long I should expect to wait before my first bill arrives.

0 Likes
Re: How long until first bill?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I cannot answer that but make sure you read your first bill closely.  Depending on when the billing period runs you may be billed for more than 30 days.  For example, if your service began on 5/15 and your billing period is June 1-30 you may see your first month bill for 45 days instead of 30 days.

0 Likes
Shavnir

So I finally got through to phone support.  Evidently if you have Fios internet only it autobills thus no paper bill.

Onto my next question : am I allowed to setup a verizon.net account without having a FIOS phone number or calling into support?  Like is there some hidden link that just takes account number and zip code?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Good point on the Internet only autobill to a credit card.  

The short answer is you are allowed to set up a verizon.net account and call into support.

There should have been a disk or something that took you through the steps of creating an account.  If there isn't than another call to support is required, I don't recall how you set up an account.

Calling into support is slightly less convenient when you don't have a Verizon phone.  I don't have VZ phone but have internet and TV.

When you call into support it says on the first prompt,

Enter your phone number or if you don't have one say "don't have one".    Answer "don't have one".

The next prompt will say "what is your alternate number or if you don't have one, say don't have one.  Your answer should be don't have one.  I have an alternate phone number but most times that doesn't work so I just say "don't have one" to both questions.

Hope this helps.