How much tax for just FIOS internet service($54.99/month) in NYC?
jackwong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am very interested to get FIOS to replace my Road runner service($40.95/month). 

But I don't want to sign another contract with a lot of charges and taxes like my at&t iPhone bill, end up paying around 24% extra every month...

Please let me know if you have just the FIOS internet service in NYC.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I have contacted Verizon FIOS rep. for this concern, but they told me they are not allow to calculate tax for us... it just make me feel like it is gonna be a lot... And Verizon has recently raise a double for the termination fee.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How much tax for just FIOS internet service($54.99/month) in NYC?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So I have the double bundle Internet and TV for $79.99.  I have the mutli-room DVR for $20 and two SD boxes for $5.99 each.  Including taxes of $6.65 my monthly bill is $118.61.  I switched from DirecTV and although we really liked DirecTV we are more than pleased with the FIOS service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I am on Long Island and I have FIOS TV and Internet.  I am charged the following taxes:

State Sales Tax $1.28

County Sales Tax $1.36

Dist. Sales Tax $0.12

Video Franchise Fee $3.98

Total $6.65

What would be different for you?  The county sales tax would be different for whatever NYC charges and the video franchise fee will be different but I can't imagine it would be that different.

Jim

0 Likes
jackwong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Jim~

It's less than I though, how much is your monthly plan?

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

So I have the double bundle Internet and TV for $79.99.  I have the mutli-room DVR for $20 and two SD boxes for $5.99 each.  Including taxes of $6.65 my monthly bill is $118.61.  I switched from DirecTV and although we really liked DirecTV we are more than pleased with the FIOS service.

0 Likes
geobernd

No Tax for internet only in NY State

0 Likes
jackwong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Jim, and Geo.

I think I will just go ahead and sign up for it.

0 Likes