How to File a Complaint
iChaseH

I recently had one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a company with Verizon.  I had called to setup my internet and TV in late June for a date in late July.

Come late July on the date it was to be installed I recieved an automated call saying my date for installation was being moved.  I pressed "2" to not confim this date and speak with a representative.  Once I was transferred the representative told me everything was okay and they would be at my place between 1-5 on that day and I had nothing to worry about.  Around 4:30 I called customer service to check again and note that the time was getting close.  This representative also assured me everything was fine and they would be there soon.  He even went as far as to say, "you won't be calling us back."  5:30 comes and again I call and say something and the representative tells me that he must just be running late and I should wait another hour before calling back.  Needless to say they never showed up.  I called back in an hour but customer service was close.  I finally got through to someone in the Repair Service Center and they were let me know I could reschedule for 4 days later to have my services connected.  I let them know this was unacceptable and demanded a supervisor.  They said okay, I was transferred...but it wasn't to a supervisor...it was to someone in customer service who told me the same thing the last person told me.  This representative then placed me on a 20 minute hold for a supervisor and came back to say "the supervisor is still on another call and told me I could give you a $40 bill credit and we could only have the installation moved to 4 days later.  The representative then told me he would place a follow-up on my accound and have a supervisor call me in 2 days (the next day was a Sunday so I understood that) and maybe they could move my installation up.  That day came and went and I recieved no call from any supervisor or anyone.  I called myself today and explained my situation and demanded to speak to a supervisor.  I was placed on hold for 10 minutes and was then told by the same representative that nothing could be done but schedule the installation for a much later date.

I understand that I can't get it installed any sooner because there are other appointments and they can't bump someone else.  I just find it amazing how every person I talked to was incompetent from start to finish.  Now I can't even file a complaint to anyone because I can't get a supervisor no matter how many times I ask.  I am also now 5GB over my Verizon Wireless data plan because I needed the internet for school work on the day I asked for the installation.  So that $40 bill credit I was given is going to go back with them.  And the 6-7 hours I waited home all day waiting for installation that never showed...well I guess that was only worth $40.  And the 4 extra days I have to wait now with countless hours on the phone and on hold with them...well I suppose that is only worth $40 too.  I have been a long customer of Verizon Wirelss and was looking forward to their TV and internet service, but I am having severe doubts.  If I can't get through to some sort of supervisor or complaint department within the next day or two I'm going to cancel my installation that is scheduled for two days from now.

Please someone tell me how to write an e-mail to Verizon to file a complaint.  It baffles my mind that they would allow this to happen to anyone.

0 Likes
Re: How to File a Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iChaseH,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes