How to I get my start date moved up?
PittsburghCusto

I moved into a home and I want to get my Verizon Fios internet turned on. I ordered it yesterday (Saturday) and they said it can’t be started until the 9th (Thursday). The previous tenant in the house had the same exact service and they just turned it off before I moved in. The ONT is here, the Verizon coax cables are all here, etc. I also have my own router and modem, so I literally just need a switch flipped on Verizon’s part. Is there a way to get this done today so I don’t have to wait 4 more days?  I wouldn’t have gone with Verizon if I knew it would be this difficult for them to get started. 

0 Likes
Re: How to I get my start date moved up?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're talking to peers here.  Sometimes issues get  escalated to Verizon support.  If you don't want to wait and see if that happens, you should contact Verizon via @Verizon on Twitter, chat, phone or the VZ Direct forum here:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

I suggest Twitter or VZ Direct for best results.

Good Luck.

Re: How to I get my start date moved up?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

A couple of other notes:

FiOS doesn't use modems.  If you have a cable modem, do not use it with FiOS.  it will not work and only cause confusion.

Verizon currently uses Ethernet between the ONT and the router for the WAN connection.  If the previous install was on MoCA WAN (coax,) they will probably want to send a tech to install a Ethernet cable.  That could be the reason they won't do a self install.  If you're comfortable installing your own cable between the ONT and your desired router location, that may help speed things up.

Verizon does not support any router accept their own.  They may not complete an install unless you've a Verizon router, either rented or owned.  If they take this approach, consider renting one and returning it within the first month.

If you are getting FiOS TV with Verizon set-top-boxes, a Verizon router is strongly recommended, especially with the newest boxes.

Good Luck.