Switch Account

How to access a router's log without having the router creating new logs?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to access a router's log without having the router creating new logs?

Message 1 of 2
(512 Views)

My router is Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway G1100. I would like to read its existing log without contaminating/removing any existing log or creating any new logs while reading. My router is powered off now because it may create new logs when it is powered on. How can I retrieve a physical memory from inside the router and read it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How to access a router's log without having the router creating new logs?

Message 2 of 2
(472 Views)

@Alexis wrote:

My router is Verizon Fios Quantum Gateway G1100. I would like to read its existing log without contaminating/removing any existing log or creating any new logs while reading. My router is powered off now because it may create new logs when it is powered on. How can I retrieve a physical memory from inside the router and read it?

Basically you would have to remove the rom and read it with a external chip reader.

however i can see no reason to worry about a new entry in the log. It gives an ongoing log until its either overridden or you clear it its self.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.