Switch Account

How to check for G1100 Firmware update and install if applicable?

How to check for G1100 Firmware update and install if applicable?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(9,021 Views)

My GS1100 router is running firmware 02.01.00.05.

The admin pages allow for any update from local file, but I can't find any such thing to download, etc. 

So, how to check for G1100 Firmware update and install if applicable?

tia

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7
(8,975 Views)

You can’t update on your own. Verizon pushes out all the updates. I have the same version on mine as well. 

Contributor
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(8,927 Views)

Following, there should be a way to get it pushed out to you

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 7
(8,925 Views)

Normally it gets pushed to the router if you do a restart. 

Others have said it updated when they reset the Quantum router. I would just do a full restart. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(5,012 Views)

No luck with that.  02.01.00.05 here.  Powered off, rebooted etc... Never updating.

That's why I have my own firewall behind the router....

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 7
(4,899 Views)

Have you done a factory reset?

If you have a number of settings, save the config first.

If that doesn't work, try contacting support, twitter @verizonsupport

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 7 of 7
(4,870 Views)

@2catsonline wrote:

No luck with that.  02.01.00.05 here.  Powered off, rebooted etc... Never updating.

That's why I have my own firewall behind the router....

I am not familiar with Quantum routers firmware updates. I use my Netgear Nighthawk because the Quantum router is junk. Terrible wifi. 

I just had a thought on is your Quantum Gateway Router a official verizon one? The reason i ask is many customers have purchased them off eBay and amazon and other questionable sites and they are Frontier firmware flashed which they acquired from verizon. Many people have proven they really don’t work on fios network. Others will say “i have no problems using it with Frontier firmware” think about it? Why would another companies firmware flash work?

this could be a bad router. Call up and swap it out. If you only have internet i would go and return it in person and get a signed receipt with account number and name and account number clearly visable. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.