How to contact the engineering department about getting service to our address..
ianack

Hi,

I was on the phone with Customer Service/Sales today and they told me service is not available to my address. I was told to contact the engineering department but no one is able to put me in touch with them based on their directory.

Comcast and Cablevision were able to get me in touch with their departments for construction/engineering to complete a survey to see the feasibility of serving our address.

Based on their survey we know that Verizon owns the poles but not how difficult or costly it would be to serve our address with internet.Providers are in the area but not @ our address

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: How to contact the engineering department about getting service to our address..
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Is there already FiOS service available in your neighborhood?  Do any of your neighbors have the service?

If not, I'm affraid your hope of getting Verizon to bring service to you is futile.  They've annouced they will not be expanding FiOS into any areas that haven't already been indenfiied any time soon, and they will not tell customers when service will be coming if it is coming at all.

If there is already FiOS service to your neighbors, that's another story and you may have a chance of getting service at your address.

0 Likes
Re: How to contact the engineering department about getting service to our address..
ianack

Thanks for the response.

Fios is in my area but I do not believe that my neighbors on either side have Fios - I think they probably have satelite. The home owner before us, had a satelite dish.

We are right outside of a housing community.

CenturyLink says they don't serve

Comcast said they didn't serve the area.

Cablevision said they do serve the area, but they would need to go to 8 Verizon owned poles and the upfront cost would be around $4,000 to bring it to the house.

Verizon - can't even get me in touch with the right people to find out how far away they are from where we are located.

We aren't in some tremundously rural area. We are in a heavily populated area, but are on one street where there are only about 3 houses and the housing development is probably 2000 feet away from us.

I think its sort of a dead zone because this area was built first and then the housing development. The development got all the good new stuff and they never upgraded this street.

All the surrounding areas either have comcast, cablevision, or fios. 

Our street is the only one that doesn't. You can see the proximity is no more than 1/8th mile or so to existing infrastructure.

This is New Jersey, Zip Code 07920 (mailing address) 08807 (physical location)

0 Likes