How to create static route from FIOS Gateway to Cisco wifi router
edspyhill091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Cisco wifi router that I use as my main wifi hub.  The IP address on the Cisco router was changed to192.168.5.1.

Is there a way I can configure my FIOS Gateway router so I can connect to the Cisco router 192.168.5.1 while my computer is connected to the FIOS Gateway router?

Thank you,

Ed

0 Likes
Re: How to create static route from FIOS Gateway to Cisco wifi router
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@edspyhill09 wrote:

I have a Cisco wifi router that I use as my main wifi hub.  The IP address on the Cisco router was changed to192.168.5.1.

Is there a way I can configure my FIOS Gateway router so I can connect to the Cisco router 192.168.5.1 while my computer is connected to the FIOS Gateway router?

Thank you,

Ed

Presumably you mean connect to the admin page on the cisco router?

If so try entering the cisco router's WAN ip address on the verizon router subnet.  i.e. the 192,168.1.x address

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@edspyhill09 wrote:

Thank you,

Ed

Presumably you mean connect to the admin page on the cisco router?

If so on your computer try entering in a browser the cisco router's WAN ip address on the verizon router subnet.  i.e. the 192,168.1.x address

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice, kept getting some obscure error re bad html in the post.

0 Likes
edspyhill091
Enthusiast - Level 3
That won't work. I need to change the subnet mask so the Verizon router allows access to 192.168.5.x.
0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@edspyhill09 wrote:
That won't work. I need to change the subnet mask so the Verizon router allows access to 192.168.5.x.

Guess I'm not understanding how your network is connected together and where you are trying to get to.  Are you trying access a device on the 192.168.5 subnet or are you trying to access the admin side of the router that is controlling subnet 192.168.5  ?

p.s. I've never managed to get static routing working on any verizon router.

0 Likes