Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

How to delete a static device from "my network on Verizon MI424-WR?

mayer
Contributor
Contributor

How to delete a static device from "my network on Verizon MI424-WR?

Message 1 of 10
(14,363 Views)

Can anyone tell me how to delete a device from the "My Network" panel that connected using a static address and not DHCP? I have the Verizon MI424-WR (rev E).

9 REPLIES 9
kaytabor30
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: How to delete a static device from "my network on Verizon MI424-WR?

Message 2 of 10
(14,353 Views)

control panel>network and sharing center>manage network connection>right click on connection>choose disable

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 3 of 10
(14,342 Views)

@kaytabor30 wrote:

control panel>network and sharing center>manage network connection>right click on connection>choose disable

Unfortunately your suggestion fails to address the user's issue.  The OP is referring to his Actiontec router, not his Windows-based PC.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 10
(14,341 Views)

@mayer wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to delete a device from the "My Network" panel that connected using a static address and not DHCP? I have the Verizon MI424-WR (rev E).

I'm far from expert on the Actiontec, but I'll take a chance with your question.

After logging in to the Actiontec, I frankly cannot find a specific "delete" function under the "My Network" settings.  However it seems that under "Advanced/DNS Server" there is a DNS Server listing that allows changes in the listings, including add, delete, and edit. 

This may be what you want, or maybe not.  However it's probably worth a look.  Good luck.

somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 5 of 10
(14,335 Views)

I had to do some digging, but I believe I found it.

Log into your router. Go to Advanced, and click Yes to proceed. In the right, bottom section, click on IP Address Distribution. From that page, click the Connection List (middle) button.

This brings you to the list of connections, and the far-right column has a button to remove entries.

Let us know if this is what you are looking for!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
kaytabor30
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 6 of 10
(14,320 Views)

will the network expert please post  the fix in the forum please lol

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 7 of 10
(14,305 Views)

@mayer wrote:

Logon to the router

in the my network pane select the device column on left

select delete device in the actions pane that appears next to the device in question

That's how it's done on a Westell, I'd assume the Actiontec is pretty close

gs0b
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 8 of 10
(14,298 Views)

@somegirl wrote:

I had to do some digging, but I believe I found it.

Log into your router. Go to Advanced, and click Yes to proceed. In the right, bottom section, click on IP Address Distribution. From that page, click the Connection List (middle) button.

This brings you to the list of connections, and the far-right column has a button to remove entries.

Let us know if this is what you are looking for!

This only works for address handed out by the router's DHCP server. The static DHCP addresses on the "IP Address Distribution Screen" are really IP address reservations that the router remembers for given MAC address.

True static addresses are programmed into a device by a person using some type of human interface (keypad, USB based control program, etc.).  All the router sees is a device that starts talking using that particular IP address.  The router will remember this IP/MAC combination so it knows how to route packets to it.

A properly configured network should have static addresses assigned outside of the router's DHCP range, however that probably isn't the case here.  The Actiontec routers are usually configured to server up addresses from 198.168.1.2 to 198.168.1.254; or every possible address on the subnet.  I don't know if that would make a difference here, but it might be worth exploring if true static addresses will be used.

Anyway, the OP wants to know how to make the icon for the static device on the router's main page disappear.  I suspect it will go away after there has been no traffic to the device for some time (probably 12 hours, but that's a guess).  If that doesn't work, a reboot should get rid of it.

Good Luck

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 9 of 10
(14,297 Views)

@viafax999 wrote:

Logon to the router

in the my network pane select the device column on left

select delete device in the actions pane that appears next to the device in question

That's how it's done on a Westell, I'd assume the Actiontec is pretty close

Unfortunately this option doesn't appear in the Actiontec pages (see message # 4 in this thread). 

walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 10 of 10
(14,279 Views)

@mayer wrote:

Since smarter users than I have responded I may be out of my league here.  But if those responses didn't solve the issue try:

Firewall Settings > Static Nat      If the device in question is listed, delete it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.