Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

How to disable 5 ghz on a dual band router

julezpolly
Contributor
Contributor

How to disable 5 ghz on a dual band router

Message 1 of 3
(6,643 Views)

Is there a way to disable or turn off the 5 ghz part of the dual band router? I have a WIFI camera that only connects to the 2.4 ghz band and it can't connect while both are running. I tried disabling the 5 ghz part with the FIOS app but it wouldn't connect. Took the camera to work where we only have 2.4 ghz and it worked right away.

2 REPLIES 2
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: How to disable 5 ghz on a dual band router

Message 2 of 3
(6,605 Views)

@julezpolly wrote:

Is there a way to disable or turn off the 5 ghz part of the dual band router? I have a WIFI camera that only connects to the 2.4 ghz band and it can't connect while both are running. I tried disabling the 5 ghz part with the FIOS app but it wouldn't connect. Took the camera to work where we only have 2.4 ghz and it worked right away.

If you have Fios Quantum Gateway Router G1100 you can turn off 5G band. Page 82 in the manual.

Good Luck

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How to disable 5 ghz on a dual band router

Message 3 of 3
(6,578 Views)

Does camera support 5ghz?

If not, it shouldn't care if 5 is on or not as it shouldn't even see it.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title