How to easily open a repair ticket?
jrwils56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there an email address or online form where I can open a repair ticket? The automated support is not helping get to where I need. Calling has left me in a irrelavent robotic Q&A. It would be so much easier to just tell Verizon what the problem is and move on to fixing it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to easily open a repair ticket?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@jrwils56 wrote:

The link between the ethernet port on the ONT and the WAN port on the router keeps dropping out. Either resetting the router or ONT will bring the link back up, or unplugging/replugging the patch cable will bring the link back up. The outage can reoccur within 2 minutes, 2 hours, a day, it varies, but the frequency has increased in the last 5 days. The patch cable has been replaced so I would suspect a bad port on either the ONT or router.

As a side note, the remote troubleshooting indicates the ONT is on battery even though it is getting power. 

How long have you had this particular ONT?  Is it inside or outside the home?  Which services do you have?  Which equipment do you have?  Note that all of these questions and answers give indications about where the issue lies.

Based only on your description, it sure does sound like an equipment issue and one related to the ONT.  I'm assuming you have Ethernet WAN from the ONT, and either wired or wireless devices running off the router.   ONT devices are known to go bad, but there is no predictable pattern for such failures.   Unfortunately there is no simple method of testing the gear from the Verizon side due to the intermittent nature of your problem.

Therefore you should try to discuss with VZ technical people to determine if a "truck roll" is called for.  Here's one place to start: techsupport@verizon.com  Another is 1-800-VERIZON, and just hang on until you get a human.  I hear what you're saying about robotic answering cycles, but I've just about always been able to reach someone who made a good effort to help.

There just may be a way to check the ONT that I am not aware of, but if the issue is a physical fault in an RJ45 socket, then it won't show up in any reliable way over the network.  If the issue is on Verizon's dime and due to faulty equipment, you won't pay for the service call or the equipment replacement.  Stay in touch and let us know what develops.

View solution in original post

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

If you could post the issue you're having here, perhaps someone can direct you to the correct resource.

0 Likes
jrwils56
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link between the ethernet port on the ONT and the WAN port on the router keeps dropping out. Either resetting the router or ONT will bring the link back up, or unplugging/replugging the patch cable will bring the link back up. The outage can reoccur within 2 minutes, 2 hours, a day, it varies, but the frequency has increased in the last 5 days. The patch cable has been replaced so I would suspect a bad port on either the ONT or router.

As a side note, the remote troubleshooting indicates the ONT is on battery even though it is getting power. 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@jrwils56 wrote:

How long have you had this particular ONT?  Is it inside or outside the home?  Which services do you have?  Which equipment do you have?  Note that all of these questions and answers give indications about where the issue lies.

Based only on your description, it sure does sound like an equipment issue and one related to the ONT.  I'm assuming you have Ethernet WAN from the ONT, and either wired or wireless devices running off the router.   ONT devices are known to go bad, but there is no predictable pattern for such failures.   Unfortunately there is no simple method of testing the gear from the Verizon side due to the intermittent nature of your problem.

Therefore you should try to discuss with VZ technical people to determine if a "truck roll" is called for.  Here's one place to start: techsupport@verizon.com  Another is 1-800-VERIZON, and just hang on until you get a human.  I hear what you're saying about robotic answering cycles, but I've just about always been able to reach someone who made a good effort to help.

There just may be a way to check the ONT that I am not aware of, but if the issue is a physical fault in an RJ45 socket, then it won't show up in any reliable way over the network.  If the issue is on Verizon's dime and due to faulty equipment, you won't pay for the service call or the equipment replacement.  Stay in touch and let us know what develops.

jrwils56
Enthusiast - Level 2

The email address was the big help. I got a fast callback from a human and we got the ball rolling.

Gary10101

9-6-14-130-999

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes