Version Customer Service Designed to Block Access, Waste Time, and Confound Customers
VirginiaLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon had made it impossible to file a complaint, except with government agencies or the BBB.  It takes 10 minutes to figure out how to get to a live person anyway--and another 10 to actually get that person on the phone.

Verizon Wireless Web sites that don't function properly--can't add a line without calling customer service, customer service knows of the matter--appears to be Verizon push to get their sales staff on the phone with customers in order to sell them up; 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service, six--count 'em--six different  VZ customer service assistants each describing that the 'fix' wasn't their department--conflicting information between agents, hard sell at every step. 

Overall experience left me wishing I could bill 1.5 hours of my time to Verizon--I'm trying to give THEM business and I feel like I've been through a bad used-car sales experience.  Only thing missing was the customer service agent telling me he had to speak to his manager to see if he could get the price that low....

If the Verizon system wasn't so reliable--can't remember the last dropped call I had--I'd dump VZ in a heart beat. 

Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon customer service
MCUCC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so frustrated!  HAve had Verizon and Verizon Fios and Verizon Cell service for years, but I'm treated as if I am using a competitor.  Nowhere to file a complaint with someone who has any authority, website is not easy to navigate, etc.  That said, the most frustrating thing is that they don't know how to support their products.  Why do I continue service with Verizon?  Because it is "easier," but now I'm thinking perhaps I'm wrong. 

Anyway, can someone tell me an effective way to communicate a complaint to someone at Verizon Fios who can actually give me some assistance?

lkallenb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so incredibly fed up with Verizon's customer service. Every single time I have any interaction with Verizon (internet installation, service, billing, etc. - HOME AND WORK) it has been completely unbearable. After waiting anywhere from 15-40 minutes for a representative, that person immediately transfers me to someone else, which really is disconnecting me from the call. Therefore, I have to wait on hold all over again to speak with someone. There is nowhere to file a complaint. I have never had such horrible experiences with a service provider before. Perhaps we need to create a facebook page on how horrible their customer service is if we want anything to get done. This has been a problem for me since April of 2009. For such a large company, you would think that they would want to keep their customers happy - business and residential. Guess not. Looks like I will be cancelling my service and I will be sure to voice these concerns to everyone. VERIZON WILL SIGNIFICANTLY HURT YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THEIR SERVICES. Hours of my life have been wasted waiting for a competent representative to actually take care of a paying customer!!!!!!

Jon110
Enthusiast - Level 1

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS ORGANISATION - CANT EVEN FIND THE RIGHT VP TO COMPLAIN TO!  NO INTEREST IN CUSTOMERS, NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Hopeless customer service even when before you have the product. Business is designed to avoid any kind of customer interaction.  Feels like a pyramid marketing system.

This is my second time trying to install Fios:

First time they cut off both all our Cox services with no warning and destroyed communications with the outside world for 48 hours.  If one of our kids had had an accident - how would we have been notified? Carrier pigeon?

This time they commited to next day installation then discovered that Cox takes several days to release phone numbers ( what a surprise - Cox is probably the largest provider in in VA and they didn't know that? - I did!)

Rearranged appt (now 10 days later than that commited to on the website signup) and was told 7th Jan.  Email came through confirming 6th Jan????.  To be sure I arranged to be in home both days.

No calls, no emails, no show (what a surprise).

Afetr an hour messing around with customer service cutting me off deliberately mutliple times, transferring to numbers that are irrelevant or voicemail only (presumably because Verizon have NO IDEA how to run a call centre operation) trying to find out what happened - no one knows!

I have an order number and email confirming the date and time for installation.

Let me tell you as someone who fixes large business for a living - a company that cannot track an order is in deep disarray and is hiding many issues behind a website and marketing.  This company has all the signs of falling apart behind the scenes.

I would LOVE to discuss this with someone in the business who has some kind of accountability but I don't anticipate any response.

Verizon shareholders good luck - you'll need it.  At a time when businesses need to shape up or go bust Verizon are going the worng way.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jon1

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

Agent_Recon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me tell you how it works. You called and spoke to agents who most of the time are in completely different states than you. Most of the time.

Now with that said, the agents you speak to are frontline agents meaning they are the first persons you encounter to determine whether or not an issue can be resolved front and center. They are responsible for isolating troubles and if the issue can not be resolved remotely from whatever call center location in the US they are in, they are to escalate the matter to the appropriate department tasked with handling the matter as it fits the purpose for which they have been positioned to manage.

In this case, a tech in his laziness installed what you described to be an apparently defected device, and left you holding the bag.

Retention is the best place to share your grievances. You will always find yourself wasting time with a tech support agent when your complaining about verizon services.

You know you could have demanded a dispatch when the agent told you that he was going to ship one out to you. There are plenty of customers who refuse to wait the usual 3 to 5 business days for UPS to deliver another box.

To anybody else reading this know that you can request a techto deliver a new box, but make sure it's because you either a) received a broken device or you b) never received the first one. They are more inclined to send a tech for those 2 reasons because that is an issue the orginates from VZ end for providing of the box.

The other reason I say this is, because if you already have a box that was working but after having it for a good while it has finally when bad (nothing works for ever) or you never had one to begin with because you are just now requesting it for the first time ever it would not be due to any error on verizons part in those instances. VZ would not be faulted on device that's been your home for a certain amount of time within reason of course, but you can still request a dispatch, although charges may apply in some case. In the case if your box was working for a reasonable amount of time, just wait for the shipment no need for a tech because it isn't that crucial, unlike if you had no dial tone on a phone. That is tech worthy. That was just one example.

Agent_Recon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that right there is a legitimate complaint worth flying way off the deep end; I would be Heated like hell fire for that one. The should be no acceptable reasoning behind that and it sounds like a total slap in the face. Reading that really burns me up to think that VZ is even capable of such a thing. They better get that fixed because that is unheard of. I wonder how many others have had that happen to them the way it did to you?

I know this is late but what was the outcome? I have not read beyond your post as I am posting this reply months later to know if you've answered that question yet. If you have then dismiss that question if you have not answer the question in a post after the post you made that I am now replying to please share the end result.

www.helpfios.net

0 Likes
irisavul
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been an ongoing issue with Verizon since December 6, 2011.  I cancelled my TV and phone but decided to keep my internet with them.  After many calls and being on hold for hours, they finally got the cancellation right, but the internet charge kept changing each time I called (anywhere between $54.99 to $89.99 , just for internet) and spoke to a different person.  Verizon's customer service must be the worse I have ever seen, rude, inconsistent and unknowledgeble.  

Finally I was able to speak to a supervisior (Karen) about the internet price, (don't bother giving your name and phone number to a rep for a supervisor to call back withing 24-48 hours, they never do).  I told her I called many times and was given a differnt price. She told me the price of $74.99.  I told her the Verizon's website had a price of $54.99 not $74.99.  She said in order to get that price I needed to sign up online.  I told her I tried but Verizon website prevented me from doing that and asked to call the 800#.  She said she would honor the price since I was unable to sign up online.  That was Dec 20, 2011.  Today, January 8, 2011 I checked my statement online and sure enought they charged me $74.99.  I called Verizon and after being on hold for 23 minutes the rep said another dept had to help me and she would transfer me.  After another 20 minutes a rep came on the line, and had to explain the problem again and she said she could not help me, the charge is $74.99.  I told her I wanted a supervisor, she said no one was available but she would take my name and number and have a supervisor call me back within 24-48 hours.  I told her "no", because I tried this before and a supervisor never called back.  She said "ok fine" you will need to wait until one is available.  Finally after 26 minutes, Quinten a supervisor came on the line, and again I had to explain my sutuation, and he told me that price of $54.99 was only available online.  I told him I was not able to do it online and that was why Karen gave me the online price.  He said the best he could do was $64.99, and if I wanted the online price I had to call the e-center and speak to a rep there.  I asked him for the phone number.  He gave me the same number which I called previously to speak to him.  He said that was the only number, but to call it and follow the prompts.  I also asked him for the address of their main headquarter and Verizon's CEO.  This is unbalivable, but he said he was not allowed to give out the information.  I told him this was a public traded company and that information should be available to anyone, but again he repeated that he could not give me the information.  

Afte hanging up I called the 800#, there were no prompts for e-center, so I pressed "0" and after 32 minutes a rep came on the line and she said e-center was only available Mon - Fri.  How inconsiderate of Quinten not to tell me their hours.  It seems they are very disrespectful of our time.  I just filled a complaint online thru Consumer Complaints, because I don't feel I need to spend any more of my time to resolve this.  Verizon's customer service  is the most unconsiderate, uncapable employees  I have ever dealt with.  Verizon, you really should be ashamed for providing this type of service to your customers.  I was FIos  customer for over 3 years and paid $140/month for your service.  The treatment that I received is totally unacceptable.

JPY2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issues.....posted on thread "Verizon should honor it's actively advertised online FIOS offers without bait & switch tactics".  Verizon seems to be Ok until you have an issue that needs resolution.  Can one of the moderators or administrators on this board have a verizon agent contact me via email or PM?  I have tried all the usual routes of communication and received no assistance yet.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@irisavul wrote:

This has been an ongoing issue with Verizon since December 6, 2011.  I cancelled my TV and phone but decided to keep my internet with them.  After many calls and being on hold for hours, they finally got the cancellation right, but the internet charge kept changing each time I called (anywhere between $54.99 to $89.99 , just for internet) and spoke to a different person.  Verizon's customer service must be the worse I have ever seen, rude, inconsistent and unknowledgeble.  

Finally I was able to speak to a supervisior (Karen) about the internet price, (don't bother giving your name and phone number to a rep for a supervisor to call back withing 24-48 hours, they never do).  I told her I called many times and was given a differnt price. She told me the price of $74.99.  I told her the Verizon's website had a price of $54.99 not $74.99.  She said in order to get that price I needed to sign up online.  I told her I tried but Verizon website prevented me from doing that and asked to call the 800#.  She said she would honor the price since I was unable to sign up online.  That was Dec 20, 2011.  Today, January 8, 2011 I checked my statement online and sure enought they charged me $74.99.  I called Verizon and after being on hold for 23 minutes the rep said another dept had to help me and she would transfer me.  After another 20 minutes a rep came on the line, and had to explain the problem again and she said she could not help me, the charge is $74.99.  I told her I wanted a supervisor, she said no one was available but she would take my name and number and have a supervisor call me back within 24-48 hours.  I told her "no", because I tried this before and a supervisor never called back.  She said "ok fine" you will need to wait until one is available.  Finally after 26 minutes, Quinten a supervisor came on the line, and again I had to explain my sutuation, and he told me that price of $54.99 was only available online.  I told him I was not able to do it online and that was why Karen gave me the online price.  He said the best he could do was $64.99, and if I wanted the online price I had to call the e-center and speak to a rep there.  I asked him for the phone number.  He gave me the same number which I called previously to speak to him.  He said that was the only number, but to call it and follow the prompts.  I also asked him for the address of their main headquarter and Verizon's CEO.  This is unbalivable, but he said he was not allowed to give out the information.  I told him this was a public traded company and that information should be available to anyone, but again he repeated that he could not give me the information.  

Afte hanging up I called the 800#, there were no prompts for e-center, so I pressed "0" and after 32 minutes a rep came on the line and she said e-center was only available Mon - Fri.  How inconsiderate of Quinten not to tell me their hours.  It seems they are very disrespectful of our time.  I just filled a complaint online thru Consumer Complaints, because I don't feel I need to spend any more of my time to resolve this.  Verizon's customer service  is the most unconsiderate, uncapable employees  I have ever dealt with.  Verizon, you really should be ashamed for providing this type of service to your customers.  I was FIos  customer for over 3 years and paid $140/month for your service.  The treatment that I received is totally unacceptable.