Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon customer service
TampaVictim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today I had a Verizon representative come by for the customer winback program and explained how competetive they are and the improved servicing. I listened and as a former Verizion Fios customer now Brighthouse, gave him information that I could best recall fro him to give me a quote to compare. He spent time reviewing and finally came up with $120 (our Brighthouse bill is $190), which inlcuded everything comparable. While I was working in my garage at the time and frankly not quite checking everything he was telling me, he handed a piece of paper that showed the services I gave, then went back to a program and he printed up an estimated bill which totalled what I said above.  Then he asked me to intial his paper which he explained was only his contact report and not a contract.  He said it was NOT a contract, they his estimate was a 24 month period where the price was locked, but there was NO contract or termination fee.  I admit I did not scrutinize the paper and told him I would check with my wife who handled the bills and knew more about the comparisons than I did.  He said just sign his quote and I would receive an email to fully subscribe to exactly the services we wanted.  My mistake to not fully inspect it while I was distracted working and trying to leave.  Later that afternoon, I finally read the "quote" which was a 2 year agreement at an actual price($220) not even close to what he showed me on his separate form. I was livid and immediately called Verizon only to be placed on hold for 52 minutes while I cancelled the order.  That was done.  Next, trying to file a complaint on line as I was told to do brought me here in total frustration. I cannot believe that a Verizon representative would act in a balatantly deceiving and dishonest approach.  He had to have known this would catch up.  This is the only way I have found to register a complaint anywhere on Verizon's website,and my next step is to report this type of predatory practice to the state authorities. He was a door to door salespersoin which has specific state regulations.  I beleive that is the only way I will get any resolution to this matter since Verizon is making it very difficult.   I can say the only positive with this encounter with Verizon was the person who took the cancellation, Emma.  She politely heard me spout off about this salesperson, aplogized for my experience, and very porfessionally handled the order cancellation and if there was something she could try to correct about my experience.  If a Verizon door to door rep comes by, do NOT engage in any conversations!!  They use extremely deceitful practises!!

urbadcustsvce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have Verizon Fios service, and I love the picture quality and internet speed.........However, when my two year deal was up my bill went very high.  I called Verizon and the first person (young girl) told me there was nothing she could do.  Called again and spoke to a man who told me he would work out a deal with me that would save $50 for 3 months, then $40 for the duration of my contract.  Well, it never happened.  I called V again and was told that there were no notes listed about my new deal and sorry, can't do anything for you.  I asked to speak to a Manager, of course none avail and they will call within 48 hrs.   Never heard from a manager, so I called again after a few weeks and again, told sorry can't do anything, but I promise I will have manager call.  Nothing again!  Now Optimum is hounding us with phenominal deals, so I called Verizon to cancel and was transferred to someone in the "Elite" Team who tried to work up a deal (not a great deal, but less than what I am paying now) if we stayed. Also told by this Elite Team person to always ask for Elite Team cause Cust. svce. can't make good offers.  Okay, I'll have to mull it over, since I will now have to dial my area code for local calls just to save $.  I really don't want the hassle of switching again, so I call Verizon to see if there is another way to save $$ without switching my phone.  I was on hold for 58 minutes and I hung up (called this Saturday at 3:30 p.m.).  Called again and spoke to another young girl, Ketora, out of  VA who then told me that my deal is no longer valid and the discounts are only good for 12 mos. not the duration of contract, as originally stated.  Oh yeah, she doesn't know how to switch me to the "Elite" team, cause she never heard of them and don't know where or who they are.  I AM THROUGH WITH VERIZON.  It's just too much work, and it killed a lot of my weekend just trying to get through to you and get the correct information.  Your customer service is awful and where are your managers?  I am not a big fan of Cablevision, but I can't deal with your cust. service people and their false promises again.  I don't think your Elite Team or Management is even involved in anything, only poorly trained cust. service reps who really don't care if you switch to Cablevision.

SunshineF
Moderator Emeritus

Hello,

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
wickedfish1
Enthusiast - Level 3

HA! I am soooooo happy to see people uncovering this type of bad customer service.

It's really like Verizon doesn't want us as customers........

My favorite Verizon tactic, is having to "sign in" to your account multiple times to get help....then having  to fill in  account number, address, phone number, etc.

I just signed in! YOU KNOW MY ACCOUNT NUMER AND INFORMATION ALREADY!

It's just a delay tactic....designed to make it harder to get help and weed out less signifigant problems. It works, but it creates a whole bunch of people ( as witnessed here)  with very high frustration levels.

prpuro220
Enthusiast - Level 1

***VERIZON IS NOT LOYAL TO LOYAL CUSTOMERS!***

I have had Verizon FIOS since it first became available in my neighborhood.  I have had no issues until recently when I called to try and get a newer model router for my home.  Apparently, the only customers who get to benefit from the latest and greatest Verizon equipment are new customers.  All of my wireless devices in my house are wireless N capable, but my router is only G capable.  I cannot benefit from N without a newer router.  When I called today, I was told that I could just go out and buy a wireless N router if I wanted to and "piggy back" it off of my Verizon Actiontec.  I don't feel I should have to spend any additional money on equipment if Verizon already has what I need.  I pay Verizon enough money every month and I feel this is a minimal request.  

Also, why is it that only new customers get to all the benefits of lower pricing, $300 prepaid cards, and all of the latest equipment?  Should Verizon's loyal customers be treated any differently?  I never had this problem with COX!  I was always able to renegotiate my bill when they had promotional offers!

Verizon is going to lose me as a customer FOR GOOD!  

napili90
Enthusiast - Level 1

The answer I got was "anyone of us can file Form 360" -- seriously?  There seems to be no way to file a complaint -- it is hidden so they don't have to deal with the problems I think.  Here is my story:  I was concerned about switching from AT&T due to the inability to have international coverage -- I travel for business.  I was told that I could order a phone to use while out of the country -- just by calling (within enough time for it to be configured and shipped) and I could have it for three weeks.  So on March 1 I called and talked to Josh who reviewed how the program worked, the fees for France/England and ordered my phone.  I leave on March 13 so I became concerned when on March 9 I still hadn't received it.  So I called on March 10.  The phone was never ordered!  They can't ship until Monday (which is too late).  They wouldn't ship to my hotel in France EVEN if I gave them a FedEx number and absolutely no work around or accomodation was made to get me a phone.  When I asked who I could talk to at corporate to make a complaint I was told "anyone you call and talk to can submit a 360 Form".  Crystal #554725 did absolutely nothing to make me a satisfied customer.  No creative work arounds.  No willingness to help find a way to ship the phone today, or to work outside the system to make a customer happy.  Due to this I will now have to rent a phone at the airport, find a way to tell all my colleagues that number, etc.  It will take me a while to figure out how to switch my account back to AT&T, but I promise that since I am in marketing and PR that while losing my account doesn't matter to you I will make sure that my local papers know, that everyone I know hears about this, and that every online outlet I can submit to will find out about this.  Their customer service is HORRIBLE (unempowered, uninspired, unhelpful -- and robotic) and there seems to be no way to escalate or get things resolved even if you are willing to help in the process.  They need to really fix their customer service, learn from the complaints and train and empower their CSRs or they will just lose business. 

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

napili90, 

I'm sorry you are having an issue with your verizon wireless phone services.  These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

0 Likes
wlinh

I am absolutely blown away by the customer service I received when I called Verizon yesterday.

A few weeks back, I made an order but promptly cancelled it when it was still "processing" (I know this for a fact since NO ONE came to my resident to connect the phone line AND I had to speak to a rep that only dealt with processing orders) I even asked if I will get a bill, and the rep said "NO" since its a order still processing, the computer will not generate a bill, in the end the order was cancelled. About a week later I receive a bill of $XX in the mail. I quickly called Verizon and after a 30min wait I spoke to someone. I explained my situation and the rep quickly got the supervisors approval and credited everything back to my account so that it would be ZERO balance. (Verizon billed me as if they DID provide me with the services when they actually DIDN'T, the rep explained to me that it was just part of the computer system to have bills automated etc. During this entire time I was completely calm and understanding because the rep took the time to explain to me the situation and as long as she would help me take care of the problem at hand and SOLVE the issues, I was happy.

This beautiful relationship with Verizon came to a screeching halt on the evening of 3.16 (yesterday). I once again received a bill from Verizon regarding the same issue, so I called to get it sorted out. My phone call was answered by the nastiest, most condescending, inappropriate customer rep named D******.

this rep DID NOT even give me a chance to speak and tell her my issue. She kept interrupting me during the entire phone call. Finally she was doing something, she said she she "tried" to fix the account balance issue, but the computer didn't allow her to "do it" so (she said)""you can pay by credit, debit or check"" WOAHHHHHH is this Verizon's motto now? Have reps that cannot solve a situation due to computer problems and since there is "nothing" they can do, and it customer gets the short end of the stick? This wonderful rep said "somewhere down the line, whether it be a technician coming to your area, or a representative wiring it from Verizon, SOMEONE DID SOMETHING, so now you just have to pay the balance" I have NEVER in my life been spoken to in that kind of belittling tone nor have I had to take that kind of verbal abuse from anyone, let alone a customer representative whos job is to be understanding and serve the customers! Is this attitude part of the Verizon training process where customer reps are told to collect money from people at all costs???

I then asked to speak to "someone else, maybe a supervisor on the floor who can help me with me problem" she said "there is no one here" so I asked her how can there be no one there OTHER than her, I want to speak to someone in charge then. She SIGHED and said "your account is not of priority, so I don't have to let you speak to the surpervisor" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS??? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! She told me that if my "issue" isn't "like $300 or something, you don't get to speak to the supervisor" WOWWW I AM SPEECHLESS!! I cannot believe this lady had the audacity to tell me that my account/problems weren't important enough to be seen by a supervisor, and I just simply had to comply and pay the balance on the bill or it will just remain there (rep said "don't pay it than, it will just remain on your account, I don't care"). WHAT KIND OF REPS IS VERIZON HIRING NOWADAYS???       

I had this entire conversation on the speaker phone, so I had a few people first handedly hear personally how customer service reps at Verizon treat and speak to their loyal customers! I've been with Verizon for over 15 years and this experience has gotten me thinking that I should take my business elsewhere to a company who treats their loyal customers with RESPECT!!!

For the sake of other customer experiences in the future, this rep should definitely be considered to be TERMINATED or put on probation or some kind of action be taken for her rude and inappropriate actions!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello wlinh

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
I have a complaint about a supervisor on your chat line. Session # agent John.
thompsonhrry

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I am sorry to hear about your experience this far. I'm not sure what was told by the agent on the phone, but we are concerned for our customers and want to make sure they are taken care of.

1)We can pull up the tecnicians record who did your installation, but for privacy purpses to the tech can only provide to you their first name.

2)Many customers prefer us shipping replacement equipment when defective. They dont want to wait around for the technician to show up during an appointment window and they can easily hook it up themselves. This is purely optional though. If a customer does not want equipment shipped, we will gladly send a tech.

3)There are many avenues to register a complaint against the Verizon service. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I am sorry to hear about your experience this far. I'm not sure what was told by the agent on the phone, but we are concerned for our customers and want to make sure they are taken care of.

1)We can pull up the tecnicians record who did your installation, but for privacy purpses to the tech can only provide to you their first name.

2)Many customers prefer us shipping replacement equipment when defective. They dont want to wait around for the technician to show up during an appointment window and they can easily hook it up themselves. This is purely optional though. If a customer does not want equipment shipped, we will gladly send a tech.

3)There are many avenues to register a complaint against the Verizon service. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

0 Likes