How to file a complaint
taccats
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so angry I can hardly type.  I cancelled my FIOS service on 3/27/2018 because I was moving and the new location did not have FIOS service.  Now today I get a robo call about paying an overdue bill.  So I log into my old FIOS account and see a past due bill.  I pay it with my credit card.  Then I go through my records and see that the bill was for service in April 2018.  I cancelled my service 3/27/2018 and received a confirmation email that it was cancelled.  Now I want to  cancel that payment and talk to someone about the billing error.  I try the chat and talk to two different people who cannot help me but did manage to give me the INCORRECT phone number for financial services.  After being on the phone on hold for over an hour I get a person who gives me a different number.  The wait is 2 HOURS so I have them call me back.  I am still waiting for the call.  In the mean time I have a past due bill that is incorrect and have had it affect my credit score.  How do they get away with this kind of service? 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to file a complaint
jonjones1
Legend

Start here

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Then notify your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission 

who regulate Verizon and other companies.

i would charge back the last payment via the email proof you received prior.

you can also contact your states attorney generals office who take a dim view of such practices. You can also retain your own services to get the issue fixed.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Start here

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Then notify your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission 

who regulate Verizon and other companies.

i would charge back the last payment via the email proof you received prior.

you can also contact your states attorney generals office who take a dim view of such practices. You can also retain your own services to get the issue fixed.

taccats
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: So today I get another bill from Verizon.  I was supposed to have my last payment returned because it was for April 2017 and I had cancelled my account in March 2017 but low and behold they add charges on 6/13 for the amount of the credit I was supposed to get.  I call the number on the bill and of course that is the wrong department.  So they give me a number to call for the internet department and I get a your call cannot be completed at this time.  I will not recommend them to anyone.  The sad thing is while I was a customer the service was fine but once you leave, in my case move out of there service area, they turn on you and take whatever they can from you.

0 Likes
Hemol
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worst company ever !!!Stay away!!!! Will rip you off in a heartbeat. Will have people take care of you and communicating with these people is nearly impossible.

Uptown12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon are the worst. Customer service is horrible. They make you wait for hours to speak to someone. My service was cut off and my bills is up to date, and I still have to wait 3 days for someone to come and service me. I threatning to cancel my service and the representive told me to please not cancel, that a supervisor was going to call me right back. They never called back. I'm going to share this experience on every social platform. People wake up verizon is not a worthy company. Spectrum please hurry and open more locations in the bronx. Im ready to give this company the boot.

Todo123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Provide the e-mail and tell them you do not want anymore charges from Verizon, and that you want a credit for the amount due.

NotAFanofVZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the "I hate Verizon" camp, too.  It seems they very intentionally do not provide customer service, or make it as challenging as possible.  For example, they send me an email about a new service I'm eligible for, which is nice of them, but the instructions to take advantage of it don't seem to work.  The email they used cannot accept replies.  So I go through the very arduous process of trying to ask them how to take advantage of the new service.  They do not provide any place I can email or send a message, and the chat only gives automated answers, but they do have an option to have an agent contact me.  So I click that option and it gives me a phone number. I call and go through a lengthy automated system on the phone, only for it to tell me to call them back tomorrow, and then hung up on me.  Verizon obviously hates its customers.  I'll be leaving Verizon ASAP for a company that cares about its customers.

msrao
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100%. Verizon rip off  pelople . Salespeople promise services( in my case unlimited calling to some countries )and add charges fraudulently. service People start arguing and they don't even look at customer call records to verify data on what was agreed. they provide silly reasons like they don't track  customer calls more than month. they don't even provide clear details like where to file a complaint or raise issues. This is very unprofessional and never expected from a reputed company like Verizon. Been a loyal customer for years, but was cheated when renegotiated triple play for another 2 year term.  Didn't notice issues because of automatic bill pay.

WALTER18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank You!  I'm going through this right now too and I'm going to write to the PA attorney general about it next week, but I so appreciate your post.  I will be doing this ASAP

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes