How to get call assistant working again??
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just manged to get caller id working on the tv's again by this procedure

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/How-to-get-Caller-ID-on-TV-working-again...

Is there some similar procedure that I can perform to get VCA working again.  Ever since we got power back the call register shows new call date 10/21/2011 and vm's date 3/2/2011.  They never update and caller id has apperntly ceased working.

Of course it could be because I get the message signon failed and it shows as offline, however I know of no way to retrieve my password as the forgot id/password button just goes to a general search function that returns me 46,400 answers! - a very helpful feature and another fine example of poor QA testing of the product.

Anybody have any hints on how to get it going again?

0 Likes
Re: How to get call assistant working again??
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

WOW, what a mess this is.

I tried logging in to the online VCA client on another machine and found it would not accept the credentials that I was using on the first machine.  Then went to the VCA page on the the Verizon web site.  When I logged on there with my VCA credentials it told me that the credential check had been changed to use the SSO id for MyVerizon - guess that change was made at the same time that the id on my forum access was changed. 

However I still cannot logon to the VCA pc client with those credentials on the second machine nor on the first machine.  After trying my SSO credentials on the first machine I reverted back to the credentials that were giving me the erroneous information and now find that I can no longer use thos either.

A well controlled migration!!

Re: How to get call assistant working again??
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Finally called the business office, after managing to find the number - the page of business officce numbers by state referred to by the VCA help page showed numbers that had all been disconnected.

20 minutes on hold to talk to someone and then the tech told me the only people that can handle VCA issues are in Long Beach CA so he transferred me to another 30 minute hold.  Yes they did change the sign on process to use the SSO id (basically the id tied to your VZ email address) and apparently to do that needs an account change which would take a couple of days??  They also needed my password for that account to be able to prove it out - not real keen on that idea and said whatever they did don't change the password, oh no they said we just need to test the connection.  A day later all email stopswith prompts for a password to be able to access the Verizon incoming and outgoing email servers.  Back to my Verizon and request a password change as I cannot log on there either.  Changed password back to what it originally was and email starts again - received an email message from Verizon saying they had changed my password as I had requested !!!!  VCA still doesn't work.

Today VCA is now working again with the SSO id.  Unfortunately whatever gyrations were performed to attach the new ID appears to have wiped out my address book, guess it's still attached to the old ID.

Still can only logged on to VCA from one PC.  Odd that you can get caller id on multiple TVs but only 1 PC

0 Likes