How to have Verizon Fios Service Infrastructure installed in my Neighborhood?
KurtK1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We moved 10 minutes away from our old location where we had Verizon Fios. Fios out performed and worked for our Digital Needs of today (Remotley working from Home, Streaming, etc...). 

Since we moved to the other side of town, we've had to modify our Online usage as the current and only provider in my Neighborhood provides a service that underperformes as it compares to Fios and doesn't come close to meeting our Online Demand Requirements.  

I understand the difference between underground and overhead utilities... we have underground. However, it appears Verizon Fios Tripple Play isn't installed in the area of town I'm now located in. 

I would think in todays Online world that all providers would essentially provide equal services that meet todays demands. 

My questions are; (1) Is Verison Fios continuing expanding their infrastructure? Nationally or Locally in Souther Dutchess County, NY? (2) If so, how and/or what can I do to lobby for it at my location? (3)  A Verizon Call center advised me since Frontier was installed in my neiborhood that because of some FCC regulation that Verizon couldn't install becasue of their partnership.. I don't understand this?  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to have Verizon Fios Service Infrastructure installed in my Neighborhood?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has publicly stated they are not doing muc in the way of expanding their coverage area for FIOS.

View solution in original post

Re: How to have Verizon Fios Service Infrastructure installed in my Neighborhood?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has publicly stated they are not doing muc in the way of expanding their coverage area for FIOS.