How to open FiOS UPS to move it?
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Please see photo. This is a CPL28U12. It is very clear how to open the battery compartment; that is not my question.

I am moving this equipment and my main circuit breakers to a new panelboard, so I need to get access to the mounting screws for this FiOS equipment. I would appreciate any pointers to the magic steps needed to do this.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to open FiOS UPS to move it?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A quick google search provides the info you need.

Check this link:

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z8LQV/ASTE-6Z8LQV_R0_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks very much, CRobGauth, for taking the time to do the search that I should have done myself. Only now is it obvious to this dunce that searching for the UPS model number was the way to go.

I really appreciate your help!

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the exact same UPS/Power converter that I have. I don't see those very often. Most of the ones I see now are more integrated. I've had mine since 2009. It's on its third battery.

Before you move it, take off the cover over the battery and take a picture of the wires or at least write down which wires go to which terminals. They are a really small gauge wire and break off easily. I had to move mine a few feet recently. I was really careful, but still broke off one of the wires.

0 Likes
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

For reference, 2 pix of the UPS.

0 Likes