How to open FiOS UPS to move it?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

How to open FiOS UPS to move it?

Message 1 of 5
(2,741 Views)

Please see photo. This is a CPL28U12. It is very clear how to open the battery compartment; that is not my question.

I am moving this equipment and my main circuit breakers to a new panelboard, so I need to get access to the mounting screws for this FiOS equipment. I would appreciate any pointers to the magic steps needed to do this.

Thank you.

fios ups.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: How to open FiOS UPS to move it?

Message 2 of 5
(2,711 Views)

A quick google search provides the info you need.

Check this link:

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z8LQV/ASTE-6Z8LQV_R0_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 3 of 5
(2,668 Views)

Thanks very much, CRobGauth, for taking the time to do the search that I should have done myself. Only now is it obvious to this dunce that searching for the UPS model number was the way to go.

I really appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 5
(2,588 Views)

You have the exact same UPS/Power converter that I have. I don't see those very often. Most of the ones I see now are more integrated. I've had mine since 2009. It's on its third battery.

Before you move it, take off the cover over the battery and take a picture of the wires or at least write down which wires go to which terminals. They are a really small gauge wire and break off easily. I had to move mine a few feet recently. I was really careful, but still broke off one of the wires.

[Be nice! We are mostly fellow Verizon customers.
My setup: 75/75 Mbps; Linux router (2x 1Gbps ports) + iptables; Linksys WRT1900ACS in Bridge Mode]
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 5 of 5
(2,513 Views)

For reference, 2 pix of the UPS.

1-IMG_20160501_140858.jpg

2-IMG_20160501_140908_1.jpg

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.