How to set up Verizon Fios on new computer
slowey

how do I set up verizon fios internet on my new computer.  I have the antena from the old computer. I do not see a wireless router like I used to have

0 Likes
Re: How to set up Verizon Fios on new computer
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Hook up your new computer either hardwired or wirelessly to the fios router and type activatemyfios.verizon.net from your browser.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@slowey wrote:

how do I set up verizon fios internet on my new computer.  I have the antena from the old computer. I do not see a wireless router like I used to have

It's not clear to me exactly what your problem is but it sounds like your new computer just doesn't have a WiFi network card.  Is it a desktop or laptop PC?   If a desktop, that's likely the issue...no WiFi NIC.

If that's the case, you need to either connect your PC to your FiOS router via Ethernet cable, or you need to add a WiFi card to the PC.

If I'm misunderstanding your issue, and your new machine is a laptop, can you be more specific about what steps you've taken that aren't working?  What are you looking to do with that old antenna?

Homer2018

Trying to set up my new computer - cannot access my wireless internet. Can you provide instruction?

0 Likes
Homer2018

I inserted the Belkin flash - isn't that the wifi card? But its still not showing?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Homer2018wrote:

Trying to set up my new computer - cannot access my wireless internet. Can you provide instruction?

This is an old thread from 2014 you should start a fresh one. However what type of computer are you using? Laptop, desktop, tablet ? Most laptops come with a WiFi nic Card in them. Most tablets have the radios built in as well. Depends on the brand of system you purchased and if old or newer.

then when you say you need help with wireless internet what type? DSL or Fiber and what router are you using? FiOS Quantum or a Westell DSL modem? Again not enough information provided.

after the router is installed how did the tech test your connection? It should have been with a LAN connection with ethernet connected to your computer. You do have one of those right? In the routers settings and on the Fios router it states the WiFi SSID and password to access the 2.4 or 5 Ghz bands on the router.

you would need to know how to click on available WiFi networks on your computer and select the Fios named for your router, then click on it and say connect. Then put the password provided to get on that network.

i recommend you read both the router owners manuals and computer manual to get the insight you need to work with the WiFi .

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes