How to set up my router to have two SSID's one for 2.4GHz and another one for 5GHz
RunTheRace1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Fios G1100 and I don't know how to set up my router to have two SSID's.  I have an IP Camera that only works with 2.4G and I'm having problems to get it connected to my network.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to set up my router to have two SSID's one for 2.4GHz and another one for 5GHz
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to disable SON. Go to Wireless settings > Advanced Security settings >  Other Advanced Wireless Options > Yes then set Self-Organizing Network Enabled to Off scroll down and click Apply.

View solution in original post

Re: How to set up my router to have two SSID's one for 2.4GHz and another one for 5GHz
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to disable SON. Go to Wireless settings > Advanced Security settings >  Other Advanced Wireless Options > Yes then set Self-Organizing Network Enabled to Off scroll down and click Apply.

RunTheRace1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It worked! thank you!

Secrets

Where do i have to go to make the change? i have the same issue with 4 of my indoor cameras after changing carrier.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you switching to Verizon or away from Verizon? What's the model of your router? A G3100 or a G1100?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes