Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

How to setup a second router?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to setup a second router?

Message 1 of 3
(6,589 Views)

Does anyone know if there are instructtions somewhere that will tell me how to setup a second router in front of my Actiontec MI424?

I am trying to use a Sonos music system through my computer and it has been recommended to me that I try to use a different router in front of the Actiontec.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: How to setup a second router?

Message 2 of 3
(6,538 Views)
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: How to setup a second router?

Message 3 of 3
(6,456 Views)

@mniven wrote:

Does anyone know if there are instructtions somewhere that will tell me how to setup a second router in front of my Actiontec MI424?

I am trying to use a Sonos music system through my computer and it has been recommended to me that I try to use a different router in front of the Actiontec.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Strange thing to recommend, did they say why?

The Sonos system appears to be just an in house music distribution system that besides accessing in house dvices can also access web based music sources.  Are you trying to stream audio via RTSP? as I see another post here regarding what looks like packet fragmentation issues when accessing RTSP thru an Actiontec router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.