How to use Dreamweaver instead of Site Builder

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

How to use Dreamweaver instead of Site Builder

Message 1 of 5
(5,938 Views)

I created a website using Dreamweaver and used its FTP capability to upload the files.  I used the settings (HOST NAME: ftpmysite.verizon.net, User Name: your user ID (e.g. - jsmith), PASSWORD: your password) that were published here.. http://www.verizon.net/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&action=FAQ&_pageLabel=pws_content#wlp_pws_conte...

Dreamweaver uploaded the files and the Web Space Monitor lists all of the files but they are not accessible using my personal URL (http://mysite.verizon.net/username).  In the Disk Space tool in Site Builder shows the files under a category of "Other Files (including system files)."

How can I get my website to be active through my personal URL without using Site Builder?

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: How to use Dreamweaver instead of Site Builder

Message 2 of 5
(5,914 Views)

Is the main page file listed as index.htm or index.html?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(5,901 Views)

@somegirl wrote:

When web designing, it doesn't matter if it's either .htm or .html. Just as long as every other page that you DO link the index file to that it's consistent.

For example, I cannot have on another page:

<a href="index.htm">Text here</a>

When the original index file is a .html

So long as you're consistent when linking each file to the original index it should be fine. The Suffix that it has really hasn't mattered for years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you use 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please' I'm going to say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes.'
Wanna see my YouTube Channel? Message me about it really quick!
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 5
(5,891 Views)

@supitsmike wrote:

@somegirl wrote:

When web designing, it doesn't matter if it's either .htm or .html. Just as long as every other page that you DO link the index file to that it's consistent.

For example, I cannot have on another page:

<a href="index.htm">Text here</a>

When the original index file is a .html

So long as you're consistent when linking each file to the original index it should be fine. The Suffix that it has really hasn't mattered for years.

What you said right there is exactly WHY it matters. I believe Verizon sites are set to look for index.html by default, so if the OP is using index.htm, Verizon is looking for the wrong file. (This can be changed easily in the SiteBuilder settings.)

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(5,874 Views)

Thanks for responding somegirl.  I thought I tried that last night but I renamed the file to index.htm and now it appears.  Duh, I saw that somewhere in the multitudes of screens I read last night so I should have known!

Thanks somegirl.  Sometimes it takes "another set of eyes"!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.