How to use coax instead of Ethernet from fiber box
CBenson828

I have a Verizon box in my basement that is powered by street fiber. When I ordered my FiOS service it did not ask me any questions as far as how it will be connected, they just sent a router which arrived in 2 days.  Now, I work in telecommunications already so I am pretty aware of how to set my own internet up, so when I saw my new house had coax connections in most of the rooms that lead to the Verizon box in the basement I assumed it was a coax job. Though I had no connectivity to my router, after some troubleshooting with tech support they told me it was set up as an Ethernet job not coax, and that if I wanted it to be coax I would have to contact Billing to change that and potentially have a tech out to service the box. 

Now I have called tech support dozens of times with no help at all, whether it be incompetence, the website doesn't work (their website is hurtin for certain) or the employee simply hangs up on me when they transfer me to yet another department.. I've gotten no where. I just want to know what or who I need to get my Verizon box to output through coax.

Also their rewards page is conveniently down, seems like I am on a long list of unhappy folks trying to get answers/what they were promised on ordering. This is not how I wanted to start a new service.

0 Likes
Re: How to use coax instead of Ethernet from fiber box
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi CBenson828,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes