I HATE VERIZON SO MUCH!
Superstella
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else in New York City come to hate Verizon as much as I do? 

Like many New Yorkers I was so happy when Verizon Fios came to town to give us an alternative to Time Warner Cable - I never thought a company could be worse than Time Warner but Verizon is.

First of all, I see absolutely no difference in the internet speed. NONE

And I pay more money for fewer channels.

And Verizon requires you to sign a two-year contract which apparently they are allowed to change at anytime.  One year into my two-year contract Verizon raised my monthly rate, then after several phone calls complaining, someone with a very thick accent on the other side of the world would lie to me and tell me that my bill wasn't raised!

After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau they finally admitted that they did raise my monthly bill by $50 a month, but did they offer to refund me?  No, I'm still stuck with Verizon until the end of my contract unless I pay them another $50 just to leave early.

After this contract is over I'm dumping Verizon and going back to TWC which is now Spectrum I think.

I've had many cable and internet companies over the years and Verizon is by far the worse. 

I guess the fact that they make you sign a contract should have tipped me off, basically a contract says to me "You're gonna hate our service so much that if we let you leave you definitely will"  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I HATE VERIZON SO MUCH!
jonjones1
Legend

You are in NY state then you are in luck

contact the New York State Public Service Commission at 

http://www.dps.ny.gov 

they have a toll free number as well as a online complaint form.

this state agency regulates Verizon and other Utilities.

have proof to give them if asked. Also a phone number for them or Verizon escalations to call you back. They are very prompt so be able to speak to them when they call.

Re: I HATE VERIZON SO MUCH!
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @superstella, 

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes