I MUST BE IN FIOS HELL
Tony991

I switched from SPECTRUM to fios. it was the worst decision ever. Contacting customer service didnt help,  they told me to change cable to cat6, so I went out and bought cat6 , still the same slow speed somtimes I get less than 1 mbps download and about  22 mbps upload, this is a joke the only other solution they have is telling me to reboot router. rebooting router still does not help and this is a router that I bought from verizon for almost $300 dollars. I am not getting the service I paid for. I wont even go into the TV service they keep taking channels off. For less money I was getting at least 100 channels more from SPECTRUM..... I am very frustrated with this service and I am only into my second month. What a FRAUD.

0 Likes
Re: I MUST BE IN FIOS HELL
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What router did you buy for almost $300? I thought quantum router was around $150?

are you speed trewsting to speed test,Verizon.,net?

who is router connected to not? Coax or Ethernet?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I just viewed another post where almost the same thing was stated. Hmmm

first off you give no clear indication of what speeds you are provisioned for?

50/50 or 150/150 or higher.

no Verizon router costs $300 but nice try. If you purchased it elsewhere like eBay or Craigslist etc. you were bilked. That would not be Verizon’s concern.

and it may be possible the router is not subtle for fios especially if it was for Frontier service. They are not compatible.

Cat6 is nice but when Fios installed the service they use mainly cat5e so again I am a little Leary of your story.

call Verizon back at 1-800-VERIZON have them replace your router if you did buy from them (and not at $300 when they cost $150 brand new and have at times been on sale for $99) and see if that fixes what ever speed you are supposed to have.

If not from Verizon then get one from them and have them set it up.

also tell people just what services you have. Internet only, internet and tv, or internet and tv and phone.

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Tony99,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Tony991

I am sorry that was a mis type the modem was $150.00 my bill was prorated for a total of a little over 344 dollars including the modem. The router is connected Coax and yes I am using the verizon speed test. And I subscribe to the 1Gig. TV/Internet package.

0 Likes
Tony991

So let me clear up the cost of the modem.... that was cleary a mistype the cost of the modem $150 my prorated bill was a little over 344 dollars including the modem. I do subscribe to the 1GIG Internet/TV/Phone  package. I chat with the customer service they were the one that recommend me changing the cat5 cable to a cat6 (I am sure that chat is recorded with Verizon) which I purchased from Amazon. 

So I am not sure what you are leary about......

I am happy if you are getting what you are paying for but,  for me..... Its clearly not worth it. I do not normally make posts I dont have that kind of time to waste.

I was just coming on this site to see if I could find a solution since I have spent a lot of time with the Verizon customer service and still there is no resolution. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Ah now we are getting somewhere. You can not be guaranteed that the “router” you purchased is not an old Frontier one. The best thing to do is purchase it from Verizon and then they give a two year replacement warranty on it. 

The rep telling you that to replace the ethernet to cat6 was sorely out of line.

verizon normally uses the 5e on their installs.

the coaxial is for your set top boxes for tv. Or for the Fios extender. Both of which should have zero to your 1 gigabyte service. This service is not under WiFi conditions only direct connect to the Fios router via ethernet and with a laptop or desktop or tablet directly connected to a lan port on the router.

i would hazard that since you are using your own supplied router the Fios reps can only troubleshoot to the ONT and no further. Buying directly from Verizon will get you into the home service. Even if you rented the Fios Quantum Gateway for $10 a month the reps can assist you into your home.

the price for new customers is way cheaper as I explained to you. The triple play is $79.99 plus taxes and surcharges and bogus fees. Around $98 total a month.

prorata is normal in Verizon’s world as with some other services. Has to do with your last name in many cases to get a close out and start date. But after the first fixed line invoice you will know exactly what each month will be. It explains when your discounts end as well to budget in the higher amounts.

personally I would get a magic jack for phone service $35 for the Go device and 6 months of service. You can buy 5 years for $109 which is a great rate. It plugs into your router and it works great.

you can save a ton of money via getting rid of Fios tv and getting DirectTVNOW which at the basic rate is $35 a month with Free HBO included. And no taxes or fees or surcharges so that is also a huge bargain.

go back to Verizon and explain this and at gigabyte only with no taxes or maybe no bogus Surcharge can cost about $70 so think about it.

You will have the upper hand if you plan in advance.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Tony991

This Modem is a Verizon modem was installed about 2 months ago by Verizon  when I switched  .... The plan I am on is the $79.99 TV/INTERNET/PHONE  I have 4 boxes. some Sport Channels local Channels and  HBO free for they 2 years contract. My bill is a little over $180 with very little channels, I had a lot more channels with SPECTRUM for less money. I dont need the phone service but had to take it as part of the package. I work from home this is why this is so frustrating.

The reason I switch from SPECTRUM was because their service went down a couple of times for a whole day.

But I am starting to regret that I made the swtich.

I will look into the DirectTVNow like you suggested.

After I found out what my ETF is.

0 Likes