Switch Account

I can no longer afford the internet

I can no longer afford the internet

Highlighted
Contributor hempomatic
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(439 Views)

I'm retired and on a fixed income.  My internet only access increased by $15 a month with no warning or explanation.  For the record, this is my life line.  I need internet access to stay in contact with my doctors.  I watch television over the air because I can't afford the verizon internet and TV package.   I can no longer afford it.  I assume I can continue to use it and cancel before the new billing cycle starts. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(397 Views)

@hempomaticwrote:

I'm retired and on a fixed income.  My internet only access increased by $15 a month with no warning or explanation.  For the record, this is my life line.  I need internet access to stay in contact with my doctors.  I watch television over the air because I can't afford the verizon internet and TV package.   I can no longer afford it.  I assume I can continue to use it and cancel before the new billing cycle starts. 

You must cancel prior to the bill closing date.

the most likely reason is the $15 was a discount on your getting Fios internet which expires within 1-2 years depending on promotion or pricing at the time.

its a shame that its unaffordable to you. 

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator
Message 3 of 3
(385 Views)

Hi hempomatic,

You may also want to check to see if you qualify for the Lifeline Discount Program.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.