I can no longer afford the internet
hempomatic

I'm retired and on a fixed income.  My internet only access increased by $15 a month with no warning or explanation.  For the record, this is my life line.  I need internet access to stay in contact with my doctors.  I watch television over the air because I can't afford the verizon internet and TV package.   I can no longer afford it.  I assume I can continue to use it and cancel before the new billing cycle starts. 

0 Likes
Re: I can no longer afford the internet
jonjones1
Legend

@hempomaticwrote:

I'm retired and on a fixed income.  My internet only access increased by $15 a month with no warning or explanation.  For the record, this is my life line.  I need internet access to stay in contact with my doctors.  I watch television over the air because I can't afford the verizon internet and TV package.   I can no longer afford it.  I assume I can continue to use it and cancel before the new billing cycle starts. 

You must cancel prior to the bill closing date.

the most likely reason is the $15 was a discount on your getting Fios internet which expires within 1-2 years depending on promotion or pricing at the time.

its a shame that its unaffordable to you. 

0 Likes
Re: I can no longer afford the internet
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hempomatic,

You may also want to check to see if you qualify for the Lifeline Discount Program.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount

0 Likes