I can't Port Forward any ports g-1100
cutiecat1

I am trying to forward a port for a minecraft server. Whenever I try to forward a port it gives the error

"InputErrors

Invalid request, please try again"

The firmware running is 02.03.00.04 and the hardware version is 1.04

0 Likes
Re: I can't Port Forward any ports g-1100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you are configuring the Port Forwarding rules incorrectly.

What ports are you trying to forward?

0 Likes
cutiecat1

TCP 25565

I choose the correct IP from the dropdown, select use custom ports, TCP and 25565. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please remember to set a schedule for the port forwarding so that the port is not always opened for the hackers' delight.

If you have more questions, I am happy to help.

0 Likes
cutiecat1

filled it out exactly as shown and I still got the same error. i have firewall on min security and UPnP disabled like other posts i've found say to do. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you may be private message me a screen recording of the problem? You know, it is very hard to diagnose from words.

You can access your Private Messages by clicking on your Avatar then click the little mailbox icon.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Port forwarding will override the Firewall and Access Control rules, so no need to change the Firewall to Minimum Security. As its title suggests, "Minimum Security" means very insecure to off the Firewall.

UPnP is probably irrelevant to the conversation here. If the Minecraft Server uses UPnP, you should not configure the Port Forwarding.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lansolo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes